• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

i mean eating pizza and burgers just to get calories in will definitely get you strong and if your young you can gain a bit less fat with it.....and you will def. gain strength.there is no question about that

but but but if you wanna have abs for the summer or be lean you will have your work cut out for you. in the last 12 months i went from about 14% bf to 8.5% or so and pretty much followed a militant eating regimine as well as am cardio (empty stomach...high intensity) and such ....just throwin in my 2 cents as this is banter. ok anyway hope the weather produces

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the bulk you want add low glycemic carbs preferably before evening.....and/or you can add carbs with higher Glycemic index values within 60 minutes of a hard weight workout (when glycogen stores are low)

this is if you want to add Lean "bulk". good sources of low glycemic carbs are yams/sweet potatoes/ezekial break/ezekial pasta /pinto beans/butter beans/kidney beans/garbanzo beans/oat bran

and go for 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight with near a gallon of water a day.

and yes i train people for a living (part time)

Awesome info! Thanks. I have been trying to add more chicken, yogurt, and nuts right now.

I'd like to find a basic program for just starting to "bulk up" ( I don't want to really "bulk up"...but I'd like to be closer then average rather then have no upper body strength) who have no idea what they are doing with weights whatsoever...any suggestions?

yes.

make the majority of your exercise routine (compound/multi joint movements)

break up workout into say push/pull/leg days (push is bench press/shldr press/ triceps/ , Pull is biceps, back .

work out 3 days aweek to near failure with most sets and eat more calories than you burn

exercises would include

bench press (incline) shoulder press (dumbells i would suggest) dips overhead tricep extensions back rows (barbell or machine) pulldowns or assisted pullups ....preacher curls.....also lunges and squats and ab crunches of some sort ..a calf raise would round it out

do a warm up set for each exercise ....then aim for say 2 sets of say 10-12 repetitions. your workouts should last 45-50 minutes. and push yourself with good form. i would hire someone like myself for a few hours to teach you the proper form..

Already get plenty of cardio with running and ultimate frisbee.

I don't like how lanky I am lol. I'm 6'3" and 160lb, so I can stand to gain a little

6'3 160

hmm based on that frame i would def. suggest considering a shake or two a day to add calories in a way that is easy

i would put in some low fat milk...yogurt....banana ....pbutter....protein powder...and have it either after a workout or before late at nite.....you probably have a decent metabolism and ultimate frisbee burns alot of cals. i played it once and loved it.

Same here, not alone.

I could try all I want and I won't gain squat.

Lol

consume 2000 cals a day in 2 shakes in addition to the food you eat daily and you will gain. automatically

low fat milk....yogurt...banana....few tblspoons peanut butter and a scoop of protein powder or weight gainer ....i would throw in some oats to keep your insulin levels from spiking thru the roof but the bottom line is if you do the shakes you will gain weight.

i was 116 lbs as a freshmen in h.s and 170 as a junior. shakes work

6'3 160

hmm based on that frame i would def. suggest considering a shake or two a day to add calories in a way that is easy

i would put in some low fat milk...yogurt....banana ....pbutter....protein powder...and have it either after a workout or before late at nite.....you probably have a decent metabolism and ultimate frisbee burns alot of cals. i played it once and loved it.

What's a good protein powder that you'd recommend? I did protein shakes when I was running XC in high school, but I forget what I got.

What's a good protein powder that you'd recommend? I did protein shakes when I was running XC in high school, but I forget what I got.

Sorry if i over stepped but my opinion protien is Whey Protein. Tastes good and has just the right amount of protein per serving. Also another good extended release protein is called Syntha 6 made by BSN.

there is one supplement that stands out that i would recommend to you

MHP's "up your mass" they have many flaves ...so choose your fav...

it has the best quality carb blend ...rather than cheap carb fillers of other weight gainers.

i woud mix it with 2 cups low fat milk and 1 tbsp peanut butter

it's got plenty of protein in it.

I'm hiking the AT starting April 12 should finish in early September (+/- a month)... what's the weather looking like for the rest of April (warm/cold) and what kind of summer are we looking at (wet/dry). Hiking the AT in a wet summer is tough. Going GA > ME so will be down south for April and May.

Good luck. The weather here in the mountains looks to be turning much more stormy and much more cooler down here. Calling for high in the 50s and lows in the 30s with frost possible. You have to watch out for those afternoon storms firing up also. They can get ugly in a hurry. We had one today that blew up right over us and Wow hell of a storm.

even though it wont happen its nice to see again

Monday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Archived