12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 28-29 Winter Storm

Hoosier

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm hey canuck, the 0z Nam shows 8-13cm or 3-5" down thru 45 hours with sfc temps below freezing and 850's flirting with the freezing mark.

Its def. cooler.

Yeah. It went colder by having a weaker sfc storm rather than shifting it south. RGEM and GFS still have a deeper storm, but at least the GFS looks a smidge colder as well. Could just be static. I'll wait 'til 12z tomorrow to put out a revised call.

Looking like a icy mess for central MI. What is the criteria for an Ice Storm Warning? DTX & GRR might need to post up a watch for that.

GRR has a watch out. DTX decided against it (seemed to suggest with marginal temps a lot of the supposedly icy QPF would not accrete). Ice storm warning criteria is 1/4" I believe.

GRR has a watch out. DTX decided against it (seemed to suggest with marginal temps a lot of the supposedly icy QPF would not accrete). Ice storm warning criteria is 1/4" I believe.

Do you think southwestern Ontario gets a WSW for freezing rain issued tomorrow? I saw the special weather statement is already posted. On another note after looking at the map it looks like Waterloo is looking at just under a .25 inch, could be a nasty day here.

Archived