12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 28-29 Winter Storm

Hoosier

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general the storm trends this year have been south.  That being said, I'm not feeling it with this storm in the southern half of Wisconsin; a cold rain and maybe some icing is what we're looking at.

Looks like there could be quite a range across Milwaukee metro with more ice/snow north and more rain south.

screaming southeast wind is not a recipe for much wintry precip in any part of mke.

I'd say the best bet is just north of the city and inland as it stands right now, and probably more of an ice concern instead of snow. Lake temps are probably near their coolest but maybe just warm enough to have an influence. I think canuck said it earlier and I agree...if there is a shift it is more likely to be south in this setup.

I honestly was thinking the same!

With the GFS north, its the difference between hitting the 50s in the afternoon or staying in the 30s per NAM (and previous Euro's). Funny thing is even with the GFS solution, we still get a quick hitting ice storm in the morning before it torches. Ill take the NAM, snow/sleet with a glaze of ice.

I'd say the best bet is just north of the city and inland as it stands right now, and probably more of an ice concern instead of snow. Lake temps are probably near their coolest but maybe just warm enough to have an influence. I think canuck said it earlier and I agree...if there is a shift it is more likely to be south in this setup.

Usually when the wind is off the lake during an icing event areas close to the lake escape significant icing. Areas like Waukesha County could be in for a period of freezing rain. I would expect only southward adjustment from here on out.

Archived