Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Weekend Storm Discussion 2/18-2/19

stormtracker

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave is getting excited:

*** ALERT WEATHER DISCUSSION - 0Z 16 FEB EUROPEAN MODEL RIN *** New 0z euro is coming in with a LARGE MUCH MUCH MUCH WETTER storm... the Upper air feature in the southern jet stream develops NEGATIVE TILT -- wow... which is thing Meteorologists looks look that tells us a MAJOR LOW is forming

This is not a Miller B storm with cyclogenesis in the West GOM.

Yeah this is about as Miller A as you can get unless there is much more signifant northern stream interaction to produce a meaningful low in the Oh Valley/Lakes...which is not applicable to this run of the Euro.

Not going to get into the details of a miller B, but when a storm makes a jump from Atlanta to Hatteras, that's typically been referred to as a Miller B. But you are the red tag, so I'll let it go.

Yeah you should ;)

If this was a true miller B, you wouldn't be nearly as excited for a possible snowstorm in the Mid Atlantic and my arse would be in the New England forum.

But all kidding aside, this run of the ECMWF is a classic Miller A man.

Not going to get into the details of a miller B, but when a storm makes a jump from Atlanta to Hatteras, that's typically been referred to as a Miller B. But you are the red tag, so I'll let it go.

No, a Miller B is not very technical, but the definition has always been an OH Valley/Lakes system primary that develops a coastal from that point..usually somewhere off Hatteras or the Delmarva, but sometimes later like S of LI off NJ...but the original idea of it from Miller himself of a Miller B was an OH Valley area storm that redeveloped (and it was assumed that included the southern lakes too)

the euro depiction is a classic miller A....a center jump to the northeast, not that there really is one, is not a miller B...a miller B almost always has a secondary developing east/southeast of the primary....not northeast along the same track

There is no "jump", its simply the track of the storm, I'd defer to HM on this one

Archived