joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WAA Shovelies / IP / ZR for CNE and NNE 1/31 and 2/1

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow very disorganized here in the finger lakes. It has only be a few stray flurries here on campus at Cornell. I wouldn't get too excited down the line northeast.

was anything supposed to happen that far S......ur in Se PA a few hours west of trenton, nj. i'm not sure that ur down the line from the areas N of the pike that were supposed to get an inch or so here

but i'm wishing that the future model changes make things snowier for you ...me and the rest of us

was anything supposed to happen that far S......ur in Se PA a few hours west of trenton, nj. i'm not sure that ur down the line from the areas N of the pike that were supposed to get an inch or so here

but i'm wishing that the future model changes make things snowier for you ...me and the rest of us

No, I am up at school at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY; just flurries here.

Special Weather Statement from BOX

I'm so excited

...SNOW SHOWERS WILL AFFECT MUCH OF MASSACHUSETTS...RHODE

ISLAND...AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE OVERNIGHT AND EARLY TUESDAY...

SNOW SHOWERS MOVING EAST FROM NEW YORK WILL REACH WORCESTER AROUND

1 AM AND MANCHESTER...BOSTON...AND PROVIDENCE BETWEEN 2 AM AND 3

AM. SNOW SHOWERS WILL THEN CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST 8 AM.

ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE LESS THAN AN INCH IN MOST

PLACES...BUT MAY BE 1 TO 2 INCHES IN PARTS OF NORTHERN

MASSACHUSETTS AND SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE. REGARDLESS OF THE EXACT

AMOUNT...THIS MAY CAUSE SLIPPERY SPOTS ON ROADS AND SIDEWALKS

DURING THE MORNING RUSH HOUR.

IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING IN THE MORNING...ALLOW EXTRA TIME AND

EXPECT SLIPPERY SPOTS.

Very light snow in AUG, maybe a tenth or two new. The better echoes seem to be sliding south of MBY; tomorrow I'll probably be dealing with mix'n'mess while the significant accum is farther north. At least I'm not missing anything big.

Yesterday's cooler temps (only 2F above avg) broke a 6-day string with temps +12 to +23, so I should finish the month at 4F above avg, after being +2/+3/+3 for OND.

Nice snowy day in Portland. I don't know how much has fallen (appears to be over an inch on the parking lot and 0.09" LE at PWM) but it's come down all morning with vis at or under one mile since 9:30. That goes as a "W" in this winter.

A veritable whiteout compared to here in AUG. There was about 0.1" new when I got here at 7:30 and it's snowed almost constantly since, for a "storm" total of perhaps 1/4". I expect to see AUG with 0.01" LE for the 7A-1P period, unless it's "T".

I'd be more frustrated except that my wife is driving a friend to a doctor appt in PWM today, and the 170 mile round trip in SN/+SN would not be fun. I'm guessing that most roads are just wet, and will remain that way until sunset approaches.

Edit, a few minutes later: 0.01" it is. PWM the jackpot with 0.11".

Archived