• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Assorted Amorphous Threats

40/70 Benchmark

It really doesn't matter if this winter still sucks because Nov/Dec/Jan sucked. That's in the past and dead now. All I care about is getting a few decent events in February/March.

And if I'm sitting here on February 29th and Feb. also sucked, I'll still be hoping to pull something out in March.

That's just the way I with snow. I'd be hoping for a snowstorm in May if it looked possible.

What are you talking about? Even if there is a good 2,3 week stretch this winter still sucks. Even if we get a KU, this winter still blows.

February 1st is tomorrow. The sun really ramps up starting tomorrow IMO..Daylight is growing exponentially.

Winter is OVAH!

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly i don't know why you think the GFS is so bad. it's definitely prone to do some weird things now and then but it's also run 4 times a day which makes it look worse than it is, and it goes to 16 days which is stupid. if it were run to 5 or 7 days only 2x day people wouldn't hate on it nearly as much. it's done fine this winter.

It's terrible outside of 3 days. Atrocious. If you want to say it's decent under that timeframe I could possibly buy that. It's sually the last to the party on storms, and usually butchers temp regimes one way or the other depending on the situation

What are you talking about? Even if there is a good 2,3 week stretch this winter still sucks. Even if we get a KU, this winter still blows.

February 1st is tomorrow. The sun really ramps up starting tomorrow IMO..Daylight is growing exponentially.

Winter is OVAH!

Except the second a model shows a storm you'll be naked dry humping your computers usb drive to the sounds of Barry White

But again..you are basing that solely on what the Euro ens did last night.

No, I'm basing that on the subtle trends that I've seen on the other models too. The GEFS are the most bullish with the MJO and is probably why it has the most weene looking prog in the 11-15 day. I never said I'm cancelling this whole thing...I'm simply stating some concern I have for the longevity of this. I'm not a fan of what I see, but lets see what today's runs bring. I still have hope that we could support a coastal system or at least some clippers and redevelopers at some point.

But again..you are basing that solely on what the Euro ens did last night.

I also said that I would probably blend all three in some shape or form, because you can't base something solely off one piece of guidance unless you have strong evidence to support it. However, it's the best piece of medium range guidance, so it's important to note.

So you are totally writing off some light snow Thursday nite/Fri?

pretty much..in terms of anything meaningful.

i think the s coast could get scraped with some flurries or light snows and maybe there's some OES for a time thur night...but doesn't look like a big deal.

there's some hints on some products of a subtle inverted trough hanging back toward E MA but it's not a strong signal.

Well the GFS absolutely obliterates the southern stream low early next week ..in the face of the northern stream trough over the Northeast and Maritimes. A northern stream meat grinder pattern. The southwest energy does attempt to kick out as it should with - EPO, but it gets shredded to bits.

well the GFS is being pretty dang consistent with that disturbance on Thur, whether the model is "bad" or not that kind of consistency inside 72h is definitely a tell tell sign...so pending the EURO I think that ones getting to the point where it can be basically 100% written off.

It just seems everyone is focused on cold. We're not going to have a cold well below normal pattern. Nothing ever showed that until the Euro weeklies last night.

What we have all been harping on is a stormy pattern , ripe with snow threats which is exactly what we have starting late this week and beyond. A normal pattern or even slightly above with snow threats every few days is all anyone could possibly expect until we enter Spring on March 1

With a zonal flow?

That doesn't sound good for snow.

Archived