• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z NAM

Ji

The NAM has been serious garbage the last couple days with how it takes that Pacific cyclone and develops it across the plains and into the OV. Also having issues with the retrogression of the east coast upper low. It can't even get anything consistent within 48 hours for the northern plains, I wouldn't bother looking at it for your area.

Right now the main difference to me from this year vs. the god awful 07-08 winter is the fact that it is colder and that seems to be well modeled. The storm threats appear to me anyway to be going through the same sort of gyrations as 07. Decent storm modeled in the medium to long range then it gets progressively worse as it gets closer. Best bet is to just stay cautious and look at any model with a crooked eye.

Who knows whats going to happen but odds favor nothing much...so that is what I am expecting and will be pleasantly surprised if more than that happens.

Right now the main difference to me from this year vs. the god awful 07-08 winter is the fact that it is colder and that seems to be well modeled. The storm threats appear to me anyway to be going through the same sort of gyrations as 07. Decent storm modeled in the medium to long range then it gets progressively worse as it gets closer. Best bet is to just stay cautious and look at any model with a crooked eye.

Who knows whats going to happen but odds favor nothing much...so that is what I am expecting and will be pleasantly surprised if more than that happens.

That's the right attitude. :thumbsup: Surprises are always more fun anyway.

and the insane heat that plagued that fall and a very + NAO.

Guest someguy

2nd time in 2 days it showed snow solution in DC only to back off on the next run

JI weere never in IT

Never

if you could only learn

Guest someguy

hate to be the downer....but seriously folks, the 18z 5 days out? Bleh

you might want to keep and grasp the BIGGER concepts here

this is not just about 1 run of the 18z GFS

maybe if looked around at some of the other threads you might see that the ONLY reason why the 18z GFS carries some weight is b/c of how it fits in with respect to other models and the dec 19-20 event

Guest someguy

Looks like 0z NAM decided to stay the course of the 18z

the Massive vortex ensured that DC was NOT going to be in it

earlier today I got into big debate with some RIC TV mets that even for RIC this might not be any sleet and the bigger issue would be more to the south and a flatter wave

thats is huge friggin vortex over Maine ....

you might want to keep and grasp the BIGGER concepts here

this is not just about 1 run of the 18z GFS

maybe if looked around at some of the other threads you might see that the ONLY reason why the 18z GFS carries some weight is b/c of how it fits in with respect to other models and the dec 19-20 event

easy dave. Not saying that the storm won't happen (actually, fairly bullish). I like what I have read coming from you.

Just got a kick out of the waffling based on the 18z......thats all.

the Massive vortex ensured that DC was NOT going to be in it

earlier today I got into big debate with some RIC TV mets that even for RIC this might not be any sleet and the bigger issue would be more to the south and a flatter wave

thats is huge friggin vortex over Maine ....

Agreed. However, it looks like on this run that the vortex plays a bit more of a role and shoved the flat wave into NCat 66

Archived