Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 31st Southeast gathering - after 11AM

LithiaWx

I'm curious to see if you speak in emoticons.. :lmao:

:hug:

I do :lol: I sure hope everyone doesn't mind :hug: 's and for those that have met Diane and Amy...I'm a lot like them :lol:

Hey, I'll throw our hat in the mix,If there are no objections? My new bride is always wanting a reason to go to the mountains.

Yay!

I'll be there with my gf if thats ok

Woooo Hoooo!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still need to hear from a number of you by e-mail. That's the only way I can send you maps and directions. Yesterday I sent out a document with hotel information, maps, and directions to my home. Let me hear from you....

DIXIEBLIZZARD

localyokelweather

Revdodd

frazdaddy

CAD Addict

Brick Tamland

MAGPIEMANIAC

WX4life

MET1985

Shawn

franklin NCwx

Isopycnic

During the past two weeks, I think that I sent all of you a PM. I wouldn't want you to be drifting around through these mountains on the morning of the 31st. If you have decided NOT to join us, we'll all be VERY hurt.

post-1004-0-81559800-1328626533.jpg

You can hike, but if you're into any kind of bike riding, I have the best three mile course anywhere in the mountains. A few hundred yards up the road from me, the gravel road becomes a first class paved road, thanks to developers who went bust in 2008. I call it my own private Blue Ridge Parkway, and you'll never meet another car. A couple of loops up and back will give you quite a workout while letting you enjoy some of the best scenery anywhere along the escarpment. I made this video in June of the entire mile and a half drive through the valley. I borrowed a piece of music called Appalachian Waltz to make it more interesting, and I hope they don't block You Tube access. Check it out.

+1 ... beautiful

id come if i wasnt too scared lol

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting closer guys about 32 days away! I plan on attending and can't wait to meet some of you folks! It will be interesting to put faces and voices to screen names! I'm looking at about a four hour drive to attend but I may leave really early and take the scenic route through the Blue Ridge Parkway tacking on an extra 60-75 minutes of travel time!

It's getting closer guys about 32 days away! I plan on attending and can't wait to meet some of you folks! It will be interesting to put faces and voices to screen names! I'm looking at about a four hour drive to attend but I may leave really early and take the scenic route through the Blue Ridge Parkway tacking on an extra 60-75 minutes of travel time!

It's about 3 for me, and I can't wait :) I'm counting down the days!!

Hey Guys.. Just thought you might like to see of photo of the house I made on Monday with frost on the yard. Got up to 76 on Thursday, which should have warned all of us that the beautiful springtype weather on March 1 was too good to be true! With this rain, everything will be green by the end of the month.

post-1004-0-73307700-1330792189.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived