Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 31st Southeast gathering - after 11AM

LithiaWx

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, I'll put silencers on the toilets... Wouldn't want to wake anyone when their left arm is hugging the bowl....

Seriously, bring whoever you want, and variety will guarantee that NO ONE gets bored! I had 65 people here last August for my family reunion, and I think a few of them are still hiding out in the storage room downstairs...... They didn't want to leave, and the sunset didn't disappoint. Aside from all that, how can anyone get bored when they're here in these spectacular mountains??? This photo was made just up the road from the house.... BORED??? NEVER!!!!

post-1004-0-74524300-1327502765.jpg

Our March 31 get together should be dubbed as a 'Wake for the Year Without a Winter'.

Mountainmarvel: Can someone organize a symbolic burying of the Winter of 2011/2012 up on a hill near your place when we get together on March 31? Maybe that will bring us more success for a great winter starting in October of 2012!

The suggestion is all in jest as we are looking forward to seeing the awesome mountains in your area of Rutherford county. I learned many years ago that one can spend a lifetime of exploring the mountains of Western North Carolina and never see all the sites. We are truly blessed in Western NC with some of the most beautiful topography on the planet. And yes, it even looks better when covered in snow!

Their are places in the linville gorge that eyes have not seen is hundreds of years.

Our March 31 get together should be dubbed as a 'Wake for the Year Without a Winter'.

Mountainmarvel: Can someone organize a symbolic burying of the Winter of 2011/2012 up on a hill near your place when we get together on March 31? Maybe that will bring us more success for a great winter starting in October of 2012!

The suggestion is all in jest as we are looking forward to seeing the awesome mountains in your area of Rutherford county. I learned many years ago that one can spend a lifetime of exploring the mountains of Western North Carolina and never see all the sites. We are truly blessed in Western NC with some of the most beautiful topography on the planet. And yes, it even looks better when covered in snow!

I can bring the guitar and do "Dust In The Wind".

What are the chances we will have a significant storm to track on the day we have our get-together? Somebody break out the projection screen and laptop so we can break down the model runs, lol...

I was thinking the samething. Wouldn't it be a strange twist of irony that some of us would be together in the same place and we got snowed in :lol:

I still need a few of you to PM me with your e-mail so I can add you to the list for maps and directions and other stuff..... If you haven't decided whether you can join us or not.... just know that you'll be missing out on a really good time! You could even hug one of the giant Hemlocks behind the house........

post-1004-0-82798900-1327764987.jpg

giant Hemlocks behind the house........

Vann:

You will have to lead a hike on the neat topography in the woods near your place. I will be sure and have hiking boots with me. Heck, I most always seem to always have an extra pair of boots in the truck as I never know when something needs to be explored in the mountains.

Vann:

You will have to lead a hike on the neat topography in the woods near your place. I will be sure and have hiking boots with me. Heck, I most always seem to always have an extra pair of boots in the truck as I never know when something needs to be explored in the mountains.

You can hike, but if you're into any kind of bike riding, I have the best three mile course anywhere in the mountains. A few hundred yards up the road from me, the gravel road becomes a first class paved road, thanks to developers who went bust in 2008. I call it my own private Blue Ridge Parkway, and you'll never meet another car. A couple of loops up and back will give you quite a workout while letting you enjoy some of the best scenery anywhere along the escarpment. I made this video in June of the entire mile and a half drive through the valley. I borrowed a piece of music called Appalachian Waltz to make it more interesting, and I hope they don't block You Tube access. Check it out.

http://youtu.be/sdcT9pALuS8

You can hike, but if you're into any kind of bike riding, I have the best three mile course anywhere in the mountains. A few hundred yards up the road from me, the gravel road becomes a first class paved road, thanks to developers who went bust in 2008. I call it my own private Blue Ridge Parkway, and you'll never meet another car. A couple of loops up and back will give you quite a workout while letting you enjoy some of the best scenery anywhere along the escarpment. I made this video in June of the entire mile and a half drive through the valley. I borrowed a piece of music called Appalachian Waltz to make it more interesting, and I hope they don't block You Tube access. Check it out.

http://youtu.be/sdcT9pALuS8

I don't want to call you lazy but your bike has a hood ornament. :whistle:

Given the wet soil conditions it would be more like "Lump in the Mud"

I was thinking "Another One Bites the Dust" :P:lol:

LOL!

Are any mets going to attend? I'd love to see a presentation or two but it takes quite a bit of time and I understand if any mets attending just want to enjoy the gtg without worrying about that kind of stuff.

I haven't committed yet but I think I can come. Not sure of anything else, but it's so close I'd hate to miss it.

I haven't committed yet but I think I can come. Not sure of anything else, but it's so close I'd hate to miss it.

Oh... he's coming if I have to stop by and pick him up!

Hey, I'll throw our hat in the mix,If there are no objections? My new bride is always wanting a reason to go to the mountains.

Objections? Are you kidding? The more the merrier!

Archived