Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 31st Southeast gathering - after 11AM

LithiaWx

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Saturday, August 18th, sound????? Don't be shy, everyone speak up......

It's very possible I could make it again but I have a metric ton of stuff going on this summer. I'm in the want to come but not sure yet category. That would go for any date that gets thrown around in the summer months. I encourage all to attend, we had a good time, the hours just went flying by. I think I was at MM's house for a little over 4 hours but it felt like no time at all.

I vote for October when the leaves are in full color. Otherwise, majority rules!

The peak of color in this area is around November 7th, but it is still quite beautiful the last week of October. I was just concerned that it might be a little cool that time of year. The peak on the Parkway was on October 12th this past year. I've learned that the biggest problem in getting people together in the Fall is college football. That's why I chose August, because football hasn't started yet, and school usually opens on the 20th. Also, it tends to be be quite mild here in August, even when everywhere else is sweltering. Looking back to last year, I had many days in August where it dropped into the high 50's at night. Very pleasant, especially if people might want to camp somewhere. An alterior motive for August 18th involved getting large tables from the local community center. I'm hosting my family reunion the previous weekend, and I could keep the tables and chairs here for the week. How selfish can one get? Let's keep talking about it, and maybe even start a new thread.....

There's a really cool Zip Line very near here. This photo was made last August 16th of my cousin gliding through the trees. We could arrange an outing if enough people were interested.

post-1004-0-53470400-1334115750.jpg

Archived