• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 31st Southeast gathering - after 11AM

LithiaWx

MountainMarvel was kind enough to setup a location and give us a date that we can all gather at. Here is a good information thread all tied together.

Sorry about that date typo guys. March 31st it is! We'll work out the details soon. Don't worry about the food. I'll put together a variety of goodies. I'll have beer and wine, but you guys are welcome to bring your favorite brands to share. I'll have ice and mixers for the hard stuff, but ya'll can bring your favorite poison. I have some frozen vodka and some Captain Morgan. I'll keep a list of everyone who thinks they can come, and I'll "friend" you so I can can send personal e-mails with maps and directions and phone numbers and all of that. Probably not a good idea to post it for the whole world to see. Just so you have a mental picture of where I live, I'm just twenty minutes north of Lake Lure, and twenty minutes south of Marion, N.C. and I-40. It takes two hours to get here from Charlotte. I'm 45 minutes from Asheville. Does that help a little?? This is exciting! We'll all be in touch, and of course, bring someone if you want. This will be FUN...

Let's aim for Saturday, March 31st. That way, we can party late if we want, and there are cheap rooms within 20 minutes. Of course, if you want to bring P.J.'s, I have extra couches and beds, and lots of carpeted floor room. I don't mind if you don't. Also, if nature decides to send us one of those late March soakers, and peolple can't get here for Saturday, we'll do it Sunday. I'll just leave both dates open, and the food won't spoil. I was thinking about 2 in the afternoon, unless ya'll from around Raleigh and Atlanta want to get started earlier. I'm flexible. Come for the whole day and just relax on the deck... that's what the mountains are for.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great guys! Just let us know if you're interested in joining with us. If I already sent you an e-mail, let me know that you got it just to confirm. I will use regular e-mail for maps and directions, etc. Afew of you expressed the desire to come up, but I was unable to send you a PM for whatever reason. If you haven't heard from me directly, we'll just try again. The start time will be earlier. Plan to get here before noon, and stay as long as you like. The mountains can be quite beautiful at the end of March. Maybe we can even coax Robert to come make a little presentation. I'll supply the food and some of the beer and wine. We'll discuss things you might want to bring at a later date. So far, over 20 people have committed. Not a bad turnout in the wilderness. And a good time will be had by all......

MountainMarvel's place is really close to my land up in Spruce Pine. I might be able to drive up to check on the land that weekend. (I try to do that every couple of months or so.) If I can peal away from my wife and kids that day, I might drop by.

From Greensboro, I take exit 86 in Marion and drive up the mountain road (hwy 226) to the top. I assume that MountainMarvel's place is another exit or two westbound on I-40. I'll talk to the Mrs. and make sure she has nothing planned for us that weekend.

I'm pretty excited about it too! Our name tags might need a picture of our avatar so I will know who I'm talking to.lol

That's a GREAT idea! I'll handle the name tag thing. Just let me know if you're bringing someone so I can have one for them also. It looks like over 30 people so far. That's admirable!

post-1004-0-22231500-1327411880.jpg

I'll be bringing the girlfriend even though she'll hate me for it :lmao:

I can't wait to meet her :hug: She would only hate you if she didn't have a good time, and I just don't see how that would be possible :lol:

My fiance/wife is about 50/50 on going.. She's afraid she will be bored out of her mind.

I don't thing she will be bored, not with this crew...lol...besides...making new friends is an awesome experience and I think the significant others will enjoy meeting the crew :hug:

I can't wait to meet her :hug: She would only hate you if she didn't have a good time, and I just don't see how that would be possible :lol:

I don't thing she will be bored, not with this crew...lol...besides...making new friends is an awesome experience and I think the significant others will enjoy meeting the crew :hug:

At least they'll have others to hand out with. I don't think it will be boring for anyone... she can have a few drinks like my wife, that'll ease the boredom, sure helps me!

At least they'll have others to hand out with. I don't think it will be boring for anyone... she can have a few drinks like my wife, that'll ease the boredom, sure helps me!

:lol: They will all have a great time

My wife will be in NH... I can come if I can get out of that "fun" trip.

Yay! :wub: Hopefully these get to gethers will become a regular thing and I'll get to meet your beautiful wife :hug:

Archived