• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Can I post here?....I'll keep it in 1 thread

Deck Pic

By this time in 2007, I'd already chased snow. Afetr a snowless December and half of January, I went to Blackwater Falls in WV and did some hiking. 18" depth, with 6" of fresh powder while I was there. -5F temps in the a.m. Of course, then the winter flipped and I received 26" the rest of the way.

This morning, even up there was bare ground. Still think we'll see a couple of shots down this way before we're done, but if it still looks this way in two weeks, I'm travelling.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By this time in 2007, I'd already chased snow. Afetr a snowless December and half of January, I went to Blackwater Falls in WV and did some hiking. 18" depth, with 6" of fresh powder while I was there. -5F temps in the a.m. Of course, then the winter flipped and I received 26" the rest of the way.

This morning, even up there was bare ground. Still think we'll see a couple of shots down this way before we're done, but if it still looks this way in two weeks, I'm travelling.

Come on up!

if the pattern is completely hopeless, why not wish for nice weather?

it's not...we can still fluke into minor events especially if we have overrunning into a wedge....nobody in my forum was talking about getting a SECS this weekend....we'll take anything...it doesnt snow here when it is warm....Sometimes I wished I lived in Boulder, but I don't...we need a cold pattern or good timing

it's not...we can still fluke into minor events especially if we have overrunning into a wedge....nobody in my forum was talking about getting a SECS this weekend....we'll take anything...it doesnt snow here when it is warm....Sometimes I wished I lived in Boulder, but I don't...we need a cold pattern or good timing

i'd rather have warmth than minor snow, but i don't share the mentality of most on this forum. 70 in jan is just as awesome as a foot of snow to me

Every since you posted your lie things have turned out overperforming, keep it up.

Hey hey, things started getting good after I started those last series of threads for the big storm and the arctic blast. Just saying.

But I'm sick of it all any anyway. We have like 27 threads going on about a couple of "threats" for a coating of snow. It's gotten so bad that Taunton AFDs are talking about advisories an inch of snow five days away. Let's just end it already. Doesn't spring sound nice to you all? Trees getting green, playing soccer and hacky sack under a strong warm sun, just sitting on the green soaking it all in.

Hey hey, things started getting good after I started those last series of threads for the big storm and the arctic blast. Just saying.

But I'm sick of it all any anyway. We have like 27 threads going on about a couple of "threats" for a coating of snow. It's gotten so bad that Taunton AFDs are talking about advisories an inch of snow five days away. Let's just end it already. Doesn't spring sound nice to you all? Trees getting green, playing soccer and hacky sack under a strong warm sun, just sitting on the green soaking it all in.

you'd think living in new england would desensitize people to snowfall. it's a pathology

I love that area around Blackwater Falls and Davis, etc. Last early April I was at Caanan Valley and we had like six inches of snow.

How long have you been on the dope Sam?

I love that area around Blackwater Falls and Davis, etc. Last early April I was at Caanan Valley and we had like six inches of snow.

Your area is one of my favorite parts of the northeast. We stayed in a vacation rental near Knox in July 2004. Small home/ cabin off the beaten path. It was rainy and in the 50's while we were there. Perfect July weather in my book. First and last time I had a fireplace going in the summer.

My father-in-law built a home in Herkimer Co. two years ago and I have a standing invite to crash there if he's getting winter and we're not.

The mid Atlantic forum has become a warminista haven....which is fine...I know people like warmth....But I'd rather post in a forum where people actually like cold and snow and even when it doesn't snow they want to be in a cold pattern so the chances are at least there....That way, especially with the upcoming torch, they can celebrate the horrible winter we are having without me getting in the way....The Thursday and Saturday events are looking pretty bad for us, but I know you guys have some more chances coming up....I'd rather be in a forum where people are focused on winter

Its the syndrome.

Welcome, you'll find many winter weather enthusiasts here. We bust each other a lot, and sometimes it may seem like we're really giving each other ****. However, many of us have met and we are actually a pretty tight community. Lots of cool, very smart people here. I've personally met CoastalWx, CTBlizz, WeatherWiz, 40/70, ORH_Wxman, Bigrombalski, Amyb, Cpick, Ginx, Weathafella, CapeCodWeather, and others I'm definitely forgetting to mention (sorry!!)...and I will tell you that all of them are awesome people. You really will be happy here if you love great winter weather discussion. I've read around some of the other forums and it really lacks a lot of what SNE has, so welcome!!

I should know this but what are you guys referring to as trolling or a troll post? I never understood this?? Thanks

Trolling is when you make a post which purposely incites a reaction from someone else. You're basically trying to get a rise out of someone. For example, I'd troll WeatherWiz by talking bad about Miley Cyrus and lightning strikes to try to make him mad.

Archived