12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Snow potential Thursday night and Saturday 1/19 to 1/21

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm eyeballing all snow NW of NYC. Snow to sleet for CNJ, NYC, and most of LI. And snow to rain for the southeast coasts. The more consolidated s/w strengthens the mid-level warmth significantly, but it also adds 50% to the total QPF.

nam has a history of having a blip run within 48hrs of an event..Not to say its doing it this time but we should wait for the 00z runs to see if its a trend or a blip

Friday Night: Snow, mainly after 4am. Low around 23. North wind at 6 mph becoming east. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Saturday: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 34. East wind 6 to 13 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow, mainly after 4am. Low around 23. North wind at 6 mph becoming east. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Saturday: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 34. East wind 6 to 13 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Brooklyn

Upton

Friday Night: Snow, mainly after 4am. Low around 26. North wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Saturday: Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 38. East wind 8 to 15 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

By the way Upton's latest forecast doesn't mention any changeover in my area.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY...SNOW...MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW

ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. EAST WINDS

AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 90 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY...SNOW...MAINLY IN THE MORNING. ADDITIONAL MODERATE SNOW

ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE

OF SNOW 90 PERCENT.

The NAM is FAMOUS for this, though. It wouldn't take a big shift though for a lot of us to miss out. Di you feel it is an off run?

Considering all the globals...their ensembles..and the SREF all disagree by a wide margin...I wouldn't read into it too much.

Just keep it in mind and move along. If the other 18z data comes in like this, we may have a problem.

don't get your weenie in a bunch..still plenty of time

:weenie:

After the week I have had, which a few people on here are aware of what I'm talking about, I could use a plesant suprise. In actuallity this Saturday is one of the worst possible days this winter it could snow. Luckily it should be over by afternoon.

That's a hideous run for the south shore-south winds to start which warm us up like crazy, maybe snow briefly then over to mostly rain. That's just for the immediate coast though. BQE on northwest never gets above freezing and is likely a fairly lengthy sleet/freezing rain episode. It's great for Boston and I-90. Given how not one other piece of guidance agrees with it, I'd toss it for now, but you always have to watch for last minute north trends on these. Hopefully this run isn't the start of one.

Big difference here. The antecedent airmass is much colder and drier. If we keep the system progressive and relatively weak ie 12z runs, then the temperatures at the surface should be fine for most of the event.

Anyone look at water temps? 45, 46, 47 degrees.....did we not learn from October 29th?

slscue.jpg

That's a hideous run for the south shore-south winds to start which warm us up like crazy, maybe snow briefly then over to mostly rain. That's just for the immediate coast though. BQE on northwest never gets above freezing and is likely a fairly lengthy sleet/freezing rain episode. It's great for Boston and I-90. Given how not one other piece of guidance agrees with it, I'd toss it for now, but you always have to watch for last minute north trends on these. Hopefully this run isn't the start of one.

Yeah, that's why it's so important for the coastal front to stay to our south with such mild ocean temperatures.

We'll probably have to wait until 12z run tomorrow to really know for sure.

Archived