Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January storm threat discussion #2

Ian

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This GFS run actually has a good vort track for getting snow into DC. A vort tracking across TN is usually pretty good. It keeps the vort south of us and has a weak wave running south of us. At least it's a vaible solution. It will be interesting to see what the Euro and the ensembles think of it. Much of it's track depends on the timing up to the north which looks good for keeping the vort south even without a great atl.

This GFS run actually has a good vort track for getting snow into DC. A vort tracking across TN is usually pretty good. It keeps the vort south of us and has a weak wave running south of us. At least it's a vaible solution. It will be interesting to see what the Euro and the ensembles think of it. Much of it's track depends on the timing up to the north which looks good for keeping the vort south even without a great atl.

Wes be carefull JI may troll you all weekend if we do not get snow, and unlike to JB you will not be getting an apology email.

exactly; snow while there is a weak semblence of a disjointed -NAO on its way positive and a ridge over AK that's on life support moving NW to be replaced by another vortex

then we torch....I'll take that this year

I think that would make all snow weenies and warministas happy. :)

Wes be carefull JI may troll you all weekend if we do not get snow, and unlike to JB you will not be getting an apology email.

Notice I was careful not to put out any amounts nor do I say it is right but as Mitchnick was alluding to, I don't think we can dismiss it out of hand and it's MLK day and tracker is onboard :whistle:. and he's driving. What more can you ask for?

A little snow before the torch?

If it snows, you and your warmingista crew are forbidden from enjoying it!

Are most of you relying onwhat the euro is indicating for chances of snow???Im not sure how to read what the gfs is showing. But it appears, at the least there may be some possible snow/ice. On friday, is that correct?? It looks like a possible over running event

The up arrow on the upper right corner of your browser window is your friend.

exactly; snow while there is a weak semblence of a disjointed -NAO on its way positive and a ridge over AK that's on life support moving NW to be replaced by another vortex

then we torch....I'll take that this year

I don't know anything about the setup 10 years ago, but I clearly recall a 2-4" snow event around the same time in Jan 2002 followed by a huge torch a few days later.

so we have to root for "you" guys to do well for us to do well?

can we get back to you on that? :P

Well it's more complicated than that, but I would think that you'd have a little more confluence if it did happen. It's a progressive flow so timing and intensity this far out will be hard to determine. But hey, nothing else to do in this winter, so might as well see what happens. Good luck.

Well it's more complicated than that, but I would think that you'd have a little more confluence if it did happen. It's a progressive flow so timing and intensity this far out will be hard to determine. But hey, nothing else to do in this winter, so might as well see what happens. Good luck.

no, I was kidding, of course

your thoughts are apprecaited

p.s. I told everyone here not root for October snows....bad karma; I know Jerry felt the same way

so we have to root for "you" guys to do well for us to do well?

can we get back to you on that? :P

I'll root for them to get some snow, especially if it helps our chances. Also, they're all going to heart-broken around 7pm on Sunday when the Ravens win, so I don't want any toaster baths up there.

Notice I was careful not to put out any amounts nor do I say it is right but as Mitchnick was alluding to, I don't think we can dismiss it out of hand and it's MLK day and tracker is onboard :whistle:. and he's driving. What more can you ask for?

Better Atlantic and Neg Nao and positive PNA :weenie: .

Stop being lazy, i hate trying to figure out the GGEM it's a pain in the ass. Maybe you can help me for once.

im sure someone on the bus can find it at some point and post it.. especially if it shows snow.

if it's going to snow this is probably how but what else shows this besides the gfs? the euro doesnt.. i dont check other models on my own. ;)

The euro has a little snow west of us in the same time range but then warms it up so it's not completely on it own, only mostly on it. Still it's in the time range you can't completely blow it off.

The euro has a little snow west of us in the same time range but then warms it up so it's not completely on it own, only mostly on it. Still it's in the time range you can't completely blow it off.

Close doesn't count in snowstorms... ;) It could trend better.

Archived