SnowHabit
December 29-31st 2 Clipper Potentials

dmc76

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh?

Lol, wording didn't jive right. My bad.

A slope like that doesn't help matters any. I know my driveway is about that slope as well. When I'm shoveling it I'll slide around if I'm wearing the wrong shoes or I slide out onto the street while backing the truck out. Hopefully your landlord will plow it!

Had 0.1" of snow this morning, then some snow melted as fell, then some rain, total precip 0.05". The light coating of snow we had the last few days has all melted now as its 38 degrees. DTW needs 0.33" of precip tomorrow to finish the wettest year on record. Looks unlikely but you never know. With tomorrows clipper looking to be all rain here, my next period of interest is the lake effect snow Sun-Mon...looks like it could be interesting even here (and very good in the belts).

Lol, wording didn't jive right. My bad.

A slope like that doesn't help matters any. I know my driveway is about that slope as well. When I'm shoveling it I'll slide around if I'm wearing the wrong shoes or I slide out onto the street while backing the truck out. Hopefully your landlord will plow it!

Ah, gotchya. I will never drive my car on it with any ice. There's concrete walls on both side of the narrow drive, so one slip and my car will be fooked.I wish I had a shovel cause I would do it myself. Good exercise and it will prevent the thing from being an ice sheet forever. The 1" of snow we got stayed on the driveway as ice for 3 days.

These things were never a problem in Florida, no slopes or ice!

Ah, gotchya. I will never drive my car on it with any ice. There's concrete walls on both side of the narrow drive, so one slip and my car will be fooked.I wish I had a shovel cause I would do it myself. Good exercise and it will prevent the thing from being an ice sheet forever. The 1" of snow we got stayed on the driveway as ice for 3 days.

These things were never a problem in Florida, no slopes or ice!

Luckily just the lawn on the sides of my driveway. Freezing rain especially at night, I can usually forget about driving up the garage! The climate and geomorphology keeps FL safe from ice!

Snowplow drivers should be happy to get some hours in tomorrow and anyone else that can make money from snow. Ski places in WI should be able to make snow by Sunday no problem.

HRRR is looking nice for southern WI: http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/RR/jsloop.cgi?dsKeys=rr:&runTime=2011122923&plotName=cref_q2sfc&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=19&model=rr&ptitle=RR%20Model%20Fields&maxFcstLen=18&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=q2&wjet=1

Precip starts 2 am in Madison and just gets heavier after that through the morning. Im thinking I should go to sleep now and wake up around 3 am.

Man this thing has trended alot warmer than I thought. Few days ago looked like an all snow event mostly.

ptype was always the big question with this one...about 5 days ago the gfs looked like snow, then yesterday the nam was saying snow when most other models were saying rain...now it looks like rain is the consensus. Oh well, hopefully new year = new pattern.

ptype was always the big question with this one...about 5 days ago the gfs looked like snow, then yesterday the nam was saying snow when most other models were saying rain...now it looks like rain is the consensus. Oh well, hopefully new year = new pattern.

I wouldnt count on that pattern change. It ain't looking pretty! For real bro. Even myself being a real champion of good winter is doubting this. Humble!!

I wouldnt count on that pattern change. It ain't looking pretty! For real bro. Even myself being a real champion of good winter is doubting this. Humble!!

Pattern change is coming, its just a question of when. 2nd-3rd week of January is the timeframe many had been touting on here as the time to watch for a pattern change, others are saying Feb. Then with this upcoming cold shot some thought maybe that was sign of the pattern change was coming, but it appears that was jumping the gun. In the meantime as youve seen this month, snow falls in the worst of patterns...so if we can just keep that up TIL the pattern change, maybe a decent snow will even come out of this pattern to make everyone happy. My real hope for pattern change is getting some SUSTAINED cold/snowcover. MJO appears to be moving the way we want it to, per Harry.

Pattern change is coming, its just a question of when. 2nd-3rd week of January is the timeframe many had been touting on here as the time to watch for a pattern change, others are saying Feb. Then with this upcoming cold shot some thought maybe that was sign of the pattern change was coming, but it appears that was jumping the gun. In the meantime as youve seen this month, snow falls in the worst of patterns...so if we can just keep that up TIL the pattern change, maybe a decent snow will even come out of this pattern to make everyone happy. My real hope for pattern change is getting some SUSTAINED cold/snowcover. MJO appears to be moving the way we want it to, per Harry.

I think the Great Lakes on westward will see the an improvement in the pattern first in January. Probably take a little longer for the Eastern states.

18z GFS took away everything here...zilch on that run... I guess we'll see...

Before every big storm I stock up on dirty magazines, cigarettes and booze.

LSE update tonite

CONTINUING TO MONITOR THE CURRENT FORECAST FOR TONIGHT AND HAVE A

BIT MORE CONCERN FOR ICING POTENTIAL. THE 29.18Z NAM/GFS ARE GOING

TO VERIFY VERY WELL AT 00Z WITH LOW CENTER OVER EAST-CENTRAL NEB

AND ECHO SOUTH TO ALMOST KANSAS CITY. THE BAD PART OF THAT

VERIFICATION IS THAT THE LOW TRACK ALONG I-80 FROM 29.18Z GFS/NAM

WOULD TAKE THE DEFORMATION SOUTH OF THE SNOW FORECAST WE HAVE AND

INTO A RAIN ENVIRONMENT. THIS WOULD MAKE MOST OF THE WEATHER A LOW

IMPACT SCENARIO AND LESS SNOW OBVIOUSLY.

1st winter weather advisory of the year :snowing:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI

912 PM CST THU DEC 29 2011

...ICY CONDITIONS TO DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING

MAINLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM LONE ROCK...TO MADISON...TO WATERTOWN...

.LOW PRESSURE MOVING FROM IOWA ACROSS NORTHERN ILLINOIS ON FRIDAY

WILL SPREAD A SWATH OF FREEZING RAIN...SNOW AND SLEET ACROSS FAR

SOUTHERN WISCONSIN WITH MAINLY SNOW NORTH OF A LINE FROM LONE

ROCK TO MADISON TO MILWAUKEE. THIS WILL IMPACT THE MORNING RUSH

HOUR ESPECIALLY FOR THE COUNTIES INLAND FROM LAKE MICHIGAN.

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DODGEVILLE...MADISON...DARLINGTON...

MONROE...JANESVILLE...BELOIT

912 PM CST THU DEC 29 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO NOON CST

FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN...SNOW...AND SLEET WHICH

IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO NOON CST FRIDAY.

* TIMING...THE MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN MAINLY AFTER 2 AM

AND LAST THROUGH THE ENTIRE MORNING.

* SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES OF SNOW WITH UP TO

ONE TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* IMPACTS...ICY AND SLUSHY ROADS WILL MAKE FOR VERY HAZARDOUS

TRAVEL ON UNTREATED SURFACES FRIDAY MORNING.

HAVE HEDGED MORE TOWARDS THE LIQUID SIDE GIVEN THE ALREADY RISING

TEMPS IN EASTERN IOWA/NORTHEAST MISSOURI. SREF MEMBERS ALSO

HEDGING TOWARDS TEMPS WARM ENOUGH TO WARRANT LIQUID PRECIP. IN

ADDITION THE PUSH OF WARM AIR ADVECTION APPEARS TO BE SLIGHTLY

STRONGER GIVEN THE SLIGHT UP-TICK IN THE STRENGTH OF THE SFC LOW.

HOWEVER...AS PREVIOUSLY NOTED THIS DEPENDS ON WHICH MODEL IS

UTILIZED.

From LOT...where's the meteorology? Model worship...no BALLS!

:bag:

UTILIZED.

you need your sig from eastern back.

UTILIZED.

Hearing about good ol' meteorology science and not models all the time would be nice too. Like hearing their hypothesis' and personal thoughts on the weather situation!

Low track looks like it will be traveling along I-80. If this was a "typical" winter there would be high end winter weather advisory/low end warning in my area.

huh? I actually respect you storm...not understanding your response,but I can tell you that is a B.S. analysis on any level. Put that shiat out in the real world to your boss and you would be sent packing.

my response was ot.

you need this back in your sig...

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

322 PM CST SUN FEB 7 2010

DISCUSSION

315 PM CST

WE MAY GET SNOW BUT NOT A LOT OF IT

WE EXPECT POSSIBLE PRODUCTION OF A LARGE AMOUNT OF SNOW.

my response was ot.

you need this back in your sig...

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

322 PM CST SUN FEB 7 2010

DISCUSSION

315 PM CST

WE MAY GET SNOW BUT NOT A LOT OF IT

WE EXPECT POSSIBLE PRODUCTION OF A LARGE AMOUNT OF SNOW.

lol!

Archived