joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 29-31st 2 Clipper Potentials

dmc76

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps are down to 0.9C in Waterloo. First round of rain came through in the last hour when the temps were between 1-1.5C. No freezing rain or freezing on elevated surfaces just yet.

Hoping to pull off a semi-decent ice event in KW.

If you're above freezing now, you're likely out of the woods. Elevated surfaces icing up here with a temp of -0.1c. Pavement is mostly wet with some icy patches.

Moneyman from EasternUSWX, our previous board...on which he was banned for spamming fantasy sports leagues upon members. He lives close to Fon du Lac, WI. wisconsinwx may or may not be related to him.

Anyways, 0.28" of rain here in the LAF today. Wet.

Ah, man why'd do that? I was drinking a Pepsi when I read this, now it's all over my keyboard.

Depends on your perspective. :lol:

Yeah, if you're above freezing now, you're likely done with icing.

lalalalalala...I can't hear you

It hasn't even started. Looks like the dang freezing line runs through Wellington County to Halton Region...and I'm right on its edge at 33F and with 34F in Kitchener. We're talking about only 10 miles or so! Where's the justice?

And another looks like another .12" in the next hour....close but looks like we'll fall short

EDIT:

And now another .14"....so we're .01" away?

Based on this they almost tied it: 0.31" for the day as of 6:53PM (0.02" away).

http://www.crh.noaa....story/KDTW.html

I think it could be broken with this batch of showers moving through right now.

EDIT: As of 7:53PM DTW got an additional 0.02". Officially it should be tied now.

And another looks like another .12" in the next hour....close but looks like we'll fall short

EDIT:

And now another .14"....so we're .01" away?

.25" has fallen between 4 PM and 7 PM. Before that, .06" fell.

So .02" to go for Detroit to TIE its wettest year on record, and .03" to go for 2011 to officially become Detroit's wettest year on record.

As of the 8PM observation, Detroit did receive an additional .02", so 2011 will tie with 1880 as the wettest years on record.

What's very interesting too is for Detroit's previous top 2 wettest years on record, one (1880) was followed by the snowiest winter on record and the other (1881) was followed by the 3rd least snowiest winter on record.

In any event, the task now will be getting the additional .01" for 2011 to completely claim the #1 spot. That'll probably come from the light showers upstream.

As of the 8PM observation, Detroit did receive an additional .02", so 2011 will tie with 1880 as the wettest years on record.

What's very interesting too is for Detroit's previous top 2 wettest years on record, one (1880) was followed by the snowiest winter on record and the other (1881) was followed by the 2nd least snowiest winter on record.

In any event, the task now will be getting the additional .01" for 2011 to completely claim the #1 spot. That'll probably come from the light showers upstream.

Awesome :santa:

Archived