joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 27/28 Rain & High wind warning OBS

Ginx snewx

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew that, but breathtaking? I had 52 last year in a severe TStorm with two feet of snow on the ground , now that was breathtaking and hey yet another bucket list item.

Tree down on House Manchester ct, trees down in Westerly RI

Yes breathtaking to me, incredible warmth, and fantastic wind gusts at 10pm on 12/27, as a weather lover this was an awesome awesome night!

Snow changed to rain around 7:30-8pm... total snow 1.0" Rain does not seem to be doing much damage yet... parking lots and lightly traveled roads are a mess of slushy snow. Snow is dropping off the trees though.

34F with rain right now. Calm wind.

Flash freeze later?, heavy heavy ice then upslope heaven again? Wind holds tomorrow seem certain during the afternoon with CAA.

I bought one a month ago, hope I dont need it anytime soon, winds are howling here, I was dodging limbs and branches in the road on the ride home.

Someone is gonna need one after tonight. CL&P will be on the hot seat again.

I really want to look at the snow thread for next week, but I'm not sure I can bear to get invested in any way in that yet

I think a lot of our trees are weak and damaged from Irene and Snotober. I lost another one tonight out back, nice crash.

Steve, at many of my properties especially west and north of the merritt, there are visible limbs and large liters just hanging, on residential properties. This will happen I imagine for a couple more wind events at least

I think a lot of our trees are weak and damaged from Irene and Snotober. I lost another one tonight out back, nice crash.

Yeah tonight will definitely weed out the weak stuff. Lewis Tree Service has been working my area nonstop since Snowtober, cutting everything back off the lines and dropping small trees around them. I may never lose power again lol, not even a flicker tonight...

Steve, at many of my properties especially west and north of the merritt, there are visible limbs and large liters just hanging, on residential properties. This will happen I imagine for a couple more wind events at least

Yea, me too, have some widow makers I wish would fall. Won't let the Grandkids back there.

Archived