• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 27/28 Rain & High wind warning OBS

Ginx snewx

Yeah tonight will definitely weed out the weak stuff. Lewis Tree Service has been working my area nonstop since Snowtober, cutting everything back off the lines and dropping small trees around them. I may never lose power again lol, not even a flicker tonight...

Have not seen one tree crew since Irene.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upper valley holding the cold. Still 39 imby while MP has torched to 45 at 1000' but only a few miles up the road from me.

If I only I had snow pack I could be excited that it wasn't getting completely torched right now. lol

51F/50Winds nearby are gusting to 36 mph (conv to knots?)

Nice event. Should be a bumpy night

33F with rain, but the snowpack is really holding tight. Still seeing a lot of 31-33F in VT east of the Spine, so snowpack is not really melting, just getting matted down a bit.

When this freezes up into a solid 4-6" snow/ice pack with a few inches of upslope on the backside, maybe we can actually start building something like a real snowpack. If upslope is robust enough, we may end up with a net gain out of this. Not too shabby.

lol at the 1P1 LEDWI.

Up to 50F here. Torcheroo.

AFN at 50/48 , S 20 G 32...pretty impressive for late December in the Monadnocks. This looks to be the last type of system that brings these mega-departures for a while; although there might be a cutter next week, it won't be as strong and should be followed by a stronger cold shot with the +PNA.

49.6/45 here in Westchester and rapidly clearing.

It's quite gusty. It's almost calm at times and then all of the sudden you hear the gust flying in. I would guess a couple of gusts past 50 here.

Pretty classic southerly low-level jet type event. Seems to go pretty light for a little bit and then all of a sudden you get blasted. Some of these gusts I've been getting here in the last hour or so are some of the best I've seen here.

Pretty classic southerly low-level jet type event. Seems to go pretty light for a little bit and then all of a sudden you get blasted. Some of these gusts I've been getting here in the last hour or so are some of the best I've seen here.

Nothing beats that January 2006 event...I think you were working at OKX for that. That remains the best srly LLJ event I can ever remember.

Archived