joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Year's Eve Threat

ski MRG

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's honestly been 10 yrs or so since we've had something this bad and then before that you have to go back to the 80's.

Short memory....2006 was even worse than this as hard as it is to believe....and then it got even worse before it got better...places hit 70F in early Jan 2007. The pattern finally flipped late that month after some see-sawing in mid-month.

But Dec 2006 was absolutely horrific. So is this month, but at least we had an October monster...2006 had nothing before December. It was also even warmer than this month.

Short memory....2006 was even worse than this as hard as it is to believe....and then it got even worse before it got better...places hit 70F in early Jan 2007. The pattern finally flipped late that month after some see-sawing in mid-month.

But Dec 2006 was absolutely horrific. So is this month, but at least we had an October monster...2006 had nothing before December. It was also even warmer than this month.

I remember pouring concrete for a foundation while in a tee shirt in early January. Freaky weird but you felt the penulum would swing and it did.

I forgot about 94-95...wow that winter was so bad in the cp...one big storm in feb that still changed over or mixed lol and then I remember 3 inches of heavy wet snow one Saturday In April..and that was it..I think I just cracked twenty inches for the whole season in Bristol CT

I rember it was often dry and mild and windy though and I remember almost never being able to not go out due to the weather.

I don't rememmber that winter being as bad as this one looks wire to wire. I remember that awful December and wearing shorts in Jan..but this winter may end up worse. I don't recall how Feb was that year. I'm sure March was lost since it's no longer a winter month

I don't rememmber that winter being as bad as this one looks wire to wire. I remember that awful December and wearing shorts in Jan..but this winter may end up worse. I don't recall how Feb was that year. I'm sure March was lost since it's no longer a winter month

Jan finished cold, but sucked. Feb/Mar were solid in the interior. Apr rocked up here, but I don't think it was as good in SNE.

Vday 2007 had the sleet storm (sleet and snow mix up here), then it had the week at the end of the month where it snowed like every day including the Feb 22-23 norlun event. March did have the St. Pattys day storm...my biggest snow of the season at 13.5". We had like 44" of snow after Feb 1st that year so it was a good finish but not enough to overcome the horrific start.

We do not know what will happen in January so its too early to call anything. January 2006 had about the worst pattern I've ever seen but I ended up with 2 feet of snow that month.

It's these sweeping statements that got me to vote for you.

Vday 2007 had the sleet storm (sleet and snow mix up here), then it had the week at the end of the month where it snowed like every day including the Feb 22-23 norlun event. March did have the St. Pattys day storm...my biggest snow of the season at 13.5". We had like 44" of snow after Feb 1st that year so it was a good finish but not enough to overcome the horrific start.

We do not know what will happen in January so its too early to call anything. January 2006 had about the worst pattern I've ever seen but I ended up with 2 feet of snow that month.

Worse than Dec 2011?

I remember golfing on New Years day but when it flipped it was a pretty good run. Its one of the reasons I still have hope for this year.

For January, the first 2/3 were. That winter sucked azz for me, but it ended on a better note for the interior where Will was and points west and north.

I had a great week to ten days in Feb. Ended up with around 42 inches that year. I posted pics on Eastern of that week where it snowed everyday that week including a nice norlun

Mark's a poet

But didn't know it

But his feet show it

Longfellows, aren't they?

Clippahs coming. New Year, new winter. New attitude.

Well thank you Eric. Others have commented on the size of my feet...but we'll leave it at that.

actually it was a throwback to JBs little poem a couple of years ago about a clipper being the end of winter in the east.

if we extrapolate the 00z NAM... :axe:

it would probably be flurries THU night-friday am and a good shot of snow with the intensify s/w shooting south of NE

00z NAM does look really good at 84h...but 84h NAM caveats apply of course. The trend on the Euro and ensembles has been decent and hopefully we will have something legit to track in the next 24 hours if we keep the trend on our side which has been a tough thing to do this season.

Archived