joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New Year's Eve Threat

ski MRG

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crazy thing about this year is ..when these events turn less favorable, we can't even pull out a little front end or back end snow. It just won't snow (in 95% of the populated areas). I held out hope for just a few inches on the backside of tomorrow's low, but of course not.

But I have been there before in some winters like 79-80, 88-89, 90-91. 91-92, etc... It's just been awhile....

Euro ensembles aren't great looking.

Is the euro out to this timeframe yet?

Yeah it has a warm front like feature to our south on the 30th. Probably would be a little light snow with some onshore flow I think, but temps are borderline at the coast. It'd day 4+ so I don't think I would totally buy it yet..but it's not like a big snow event where it's easy to dismiss.

There are a ton of s/w's modeled so right now..it's just on and off light stuff not really amounting to much on this run. We'll see how the ensembles look, because they were north of the 00z op..but maybe they'll shift south. There has been subtle tick south in the last 3-4 days.

Yeah H5 looks like a mess. This run is a fail compared to 00z, but hopefully one of these s/w's pans out just right for at least a couple inches for someone. It looks bleak though.

Whenever Ray doubts something it usually happens opposite of what he thinks. This is the first setup in months that has looked decent

The clipper? I wouldn't say it looks decent right now TBH. It could easily go across SNE and we're screwed. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't completely dismiss a clipper since they are NBD anyways.

Archived