Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
New Year's Eve Threat

ski MRG

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a sec, how is that possible?

I'm looking at the hour 48 panel and it has 100 mile wide stripe of saturable RH at both 700 and 850mb levels, with 850mb temperature of -3 to -5C across the area.

You guys are rushing to the negative conclusion at least excuse imaginable without considering anything positive here. Sorry, it just comes across that way. I may be wrong, sure ... but that above would seem to imply that at least an interval of steady snow may precede much of that doomy vibe being painted.

:weenie:

I'd think you'd want to see a deeper overall solution do hold in that cold air. There is that sneaky push of WAA ahead of this thing.

Yeah...areas south of the H92 low are going to be in trouble. I'm hoping the CAD ends up a little deeper than progged, but there's more going wrong than right for this system right now at my lat.

Yeah...areas south of the H92 low are going to be in trouble. I'm hoping the CAD ends up a little deeper than progged, but there's more going wrong than right for this system right now at my lat.

925mb looks like garbage we are going to need this to track underneath us here, I think the euro was better here, I can't see 925mb on there though

Its just amazing how a close to normal cool weekend has now turned into all rain here and OKX going with upper 40s (which will likely be low 50s) for fri sat and sun, what once could have been a weekend of flakes and near normal temps will now be a 3 day stretch of +10 to +15 departures with very warm overnight lows and daytime highs ten degrees above normal at least.

Archived