amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
JB's Weather Discussion

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I don't like about JB is that he charges people to read his discussions/threads and brags about everything he says, especially if he's right. Besides that, I am always open to read his thoughts about the upcoming weather.

That is the way he makes a living. Can't help that. Some on here do that too

Possible Snow on the ground Sunday night, Va. north

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause ( dont give up yet!)

Through the early 12z runs today I was still somewhat optimistic for our friends just north, after watching the rest of the 12z's come in and checking ensembles, not so much. the 0z Global run last night still had a couple members showing some precip-type issues, even maybe into SE VA/NE NC when looking at 850's, layer below that a tad warm. Today, guidance is starting to converge on a non-event, possibly even in terms of rn for Christmas. Energy gets sheared out to the north rather than ejecting fully out of the SW and the northern stream comes in over MN, would at least like to see the northern plains or MT entrance point for that. Still a tough call, just enough uncertainty to still leave it open for northern VA, but not much. :santa:

I figured I start one for those that like to see what he has to say. His opinions are like all others, some right some wrong. Not starting one to for bashing. If you don't like him stay out of thread.

I'd set the over/under on the first bash at 3 pages. If I was betting, I'd take the under. :)

Still, I used to enjoy watching the occasional Accwx video that he did, and I enjoyed reading his free commentary. Does he ever put out anything for free anymore, or is it always pay per view now?

I'd set the over/under on the first bash at 3 pages. If I was betting, I'd take the under. :)

Still, I used to enjoy watching the occasional Accwx video that he did, and I enjoyed reading his free commentary. Does he ever put out anything for free anymore, or is it always pay per view now?

He provides a lot of free comments on twitter:

http://twitter.com/bigjoebastardi

Through the early 12z runs today I was still somewhat optimistic for our friends just north, after watching the rest of the 12z's come in and checking ensembles, not so much. the 0z Global run last night still had a couple members showing some precip-type issues, even maybe into SE VA/NE NC when looking at 850's, layer below that a tad warm. Today, guidance is starting to converge on a non-event, possibly even in terms of rn for Christmas. Energy gets sheared out to the north rather than ejecting fully out of the SW and the northern stream comes in over MN, would at least like to see the northern plains or MT entrance point for that. Still a tough call, just enough uncertainty to still leave it open for northern VA, but not much. :santa:

I was down your way today, Had to go to a town called (Chocwinity)

on his avenger video today he talked about cold coming back around third week of January. He said cold moving from west to the east during this time into Feb.

If he's right about that this is looking like the 1988-89 winter to me. It was the last week of Jan and into Feb when the cold air hit that winter. First in the plains down to TX and then slowly to the east taking nearly a week to get here. That Feb gave my area an ice storm and a small snowstorm. The eastern sections of NC did very nice on the 24 of Feb with a snowstorm. Other than that a fairly boring winter. That winter did see 80 degree January temps here in SC.

If he's right about that this is looking like the 1988-89 winter to me. It was the last week of Jan and into Feb when the cold air hit that winter. First in the plains down to TX and then slowly to the east taking nearly a week to get here. That Feb gave my area an ice storm and a small snowstorm. The eastern sections of NC did very nice on the 24 of Feb with a snowstorm. Other than that a fairly boring winter. That winter did see 80 degree January temps here in SC.

pretty sure dec 88 had a severe wx outbreak in the south around xmas too

Archived