Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
JB's Weather Discussion

POWERSTROKE

Hot of the JB press---

Of interest is the clipper that has dropped southeast into the Carolinas with the chance of a stripe of snow from the upper midwest to the Carolinas

There is a debate in the longer term as the euro is more frigid than the GFS, In addition the models low level temp presentation look not cold enough given the nature of arctic air In any case the 7-10 looks like this wit the euro gaining my approval

Screen%20shot%202012-01-10%20at%208_46_36%20PM.png

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot of the JB press---

Of interest is the clipper that has dropped southeast into the Carolinas with the chance of a stripe of snow from the upper midwest to the Carolinas

There is a debate in the longer term as the euro is more frigid than the GFS, In addition the models low level temp presentation look not cold enough given the nature of arctic air In any case the 7-10 looks like this wit the euro gaining my approval

maybe a "stripe" of snow will get us in the game

I don't put faith in anybody. Just posting another met's opinion.

The remark was basically light side humor of which was also a truthful question regarding LR forecasters opinions. What was wrong with that? It was nothing toward you. lol.

The remark was basically light side humor of which was also a truthful question regarding LR forecasters opinions. What was wrong with that? It was nothing toward you. lol.

i understood what you were saying, I was just replying to comment. I don't think anybody has done well with LR this year. Models everywhere, heck JB has switched daily on his forecasts!

lol, You're right! I haven't seen anybody get it right this winter so far, But it's not quiet over yet? But getting pretty darn close...

Since when did Jan 11th get to pretty close to being over for winter?? Some of our BEST snow have come in Feb.and March as well.I know this winter hasn't been much of one .

Since when did Jan 11th get to pretty close to being over for winter?? Some of our BEST snow have come in Feb.and March as well.I know this winter hasn't been much of one .

You are right but there is no signs of sustained cold. I have plowed a lot of snow storms in Feb and March but history is really not on our side. However it takes one storm to get our average snow fall

Seems like you said this in December? Now you say it in Jan. I'll be looking for your post in Feb also! Jb says Feb will be cold, Then come Feb 10th he'll say March will be cold. lol I know it can snow in Feb and March has many many times... I said close, I happened to think we will get at least a good CAD event before May?

So what are we to make of all this. Well for some its me wallowing in self pity because this flip flops back. Ot one can look at me standing up and saying, okay its getting warmer again, but right now the first battle found the models coming to me next week, Most importantly it shows I am trying to go to lengths I dont know you see on other blogs, to explain some things to you. I dont look at other premium sites, but I am competing with the weather, and for your business here, and right or wrong, I am going to make sure its not the lack of my effort that gets in your way of deciding who to look at.

Most importantly, this example shows that a similar set up did not produce the end of winter ( remember we started this strat warm a couple of weeks later than the 84-85 example) but instead means there is hope for change.

he has been as good as anybody this year, nobody's forecast has verified

I like Joe. You are right about that, missing a long range forecast this season is not too bad considering. Long Range forecasting months in advance with any accuracy is about nil. The ones who get it right are pretty much lucky, imo.

Don't know that I can blame the man for a bad forecast. There have been more flops than a Brazilian soccer match this winter. I know I have felt the last half of the month would be cold. I'm sticking to it just so I don't have to flop more than once. I think February is going to be cold. May be the GFS just hit a little early. I wouldn't rule out more cold this month. The models have been terrible. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is set in stone past five days. I saw where some models are showing some extreme warmth. I generally don't by extremes of cold or warm and I'm not this time. I suspect after this warm-up that the winter pattern may flip, but we shall see. I'm not exactly batting 1.000.

I believe by end of March we will all be satisfied. yeah everybody has missed the forecast but this is hard set up. If it is cold in Feb then I bet we get atleast one big storm to take care of us. Then again I may be wrong too

We are all waiting for the change and like you I feel like when we get to spring we will all be in a better state of mind.

Here's bits and pieces from JB this morning.

Look I know right from wrong.. and you can keep hammering away, you pay, you get to play. But dont think its lah de dah, O well. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that I am only as good as my worst day.. And while I dont yet put this in genre of 01-02 or Jan of 06 which like this year btw no one else had as warm ( That comment I just made, is for losers, I shouldnt be worried about anyone else, but the fact is Its NOT ME THAT SAID another BRUTAL winter is on the way for the nation or its the coldest in the last 10 years, I said it would be a break from the past 2 years overall and not as bad as next year or the year after... and I have laid my reasons out there). But I see I am wrong. I also see that the cold that is here now, and the cold that is coming into the midwest next week is going to be spot on, and while the flip flops for a while it may flip back and make some of you scowling, smile.

Just understand, he sais no one was madder than him at being wrong..and its not just another day at the office I did expect more winter than what we have seen, but when its all totaled up, We can slam it for what the totals are.

I am part weather geek too you know and I am not in the business to hype or get media attention. I am to be right and so I know its been an off year. But I pray you see all the things I have been laying out for you, so on the occasions I am right you have the reasons before, hand, and if wrong, you can see the excuses.

He did read people's comments below his posts.... I did read the comments as painful but to the point as some of them were.

Hot of the JB press---

wow look who called the possibility

Question: Joe Bastardi always mentions global temperatures going cooler. For instance, he tweeted today that the global temperatures were going to drop around -0.15C. Question: how do we find out the global temperature and how can we compare that to what's supposed to be average? Never understood it.

Question: Joe Bastardi always mentions global temperatures going cooler. For instance, he tweeted today that the global temperatures were going to drop around -0.15C. Question: how do we find out the global temperature and how can we compare that to what's supposed to be average? Never understood it.

This will help some but it's in the Climate Change forum which is pretty controversial stuff fyi.

JB gets the forecast anomalies from Dr. Maue's maps: http://policlimate.com/weather/current/ext_raw_temp_c.html

The anomalies are relative to the 1981-2010 period. Hence, those anomalies would be cooler than those registered by the NCDC and GISS data sets due to the warm period against which they are being contrasted.

Archived