• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
JB's Weather Discussion

POWERSTROKE

Any details on JB? Mid February the block will lock and then we'll rock, or something like that. I wan't sure if he was saying that or someone was spoofing Joe.

TW

No, I said that this morning!

I have heard talk from folks in the southeast that there has been no winter. Hello, that is one place that with the exception of the Florida cold snap, was supposed to be warm.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boy JB's video this morning will get you excited

Yeah, I saw that! Models seem to be headed toward what he's been thinking for a while now? we'll see! I'm not sure it will benefit the SE everything has to line up perfect here and time is quickly fading... but if I lived in the Mid Atlantic and NE I would be pretty pumped!!!

Anything new? He was saying things get good in about 9 or 10 days. Any comments about next weekend?

Thanks

TW

He's talking mainly about pattern (and it looks cold and stormy) He did say possible major east coast storm next weekend. But no kind of specifics of course this far out!

That is a cross polar injection of cold into the N America with a negative epo... the kind of pattern that can bring snow all the way into the heart of Dixie, yet alone further north...

Well JB was the first to see all this three weeks ago and so far has been dead on. He mentioned last week a east coast storm for next weekend and his maps showed north of us with the line in NC but with minimal amounts. He said but after Feb 6th we look good. Calling it a Fab Feb. We shall see but so far he is spot on. He has mentioned that we also could be looking at MEGA MARCH?

If February ends up turning out the way he thinks good for him, although I do remember him waffling back and forth on what he thought would happen. It still in my mind does not make up for the numerous blown and hyped calls he made. The good just does not outweigh the bad in my mind with JB.

To be fair, that has happened to almost every met on these and other boards this year.

To be fair, that has happened to almost every met on these and other boards this year.

You are correct, many have waffled. I'm just jaded to JB because of how many times I bought into his hype only to be severely disappointed. I've said before I like JB, I think his passion for weather is envious. But the only criticism I have for him is his over hyping of things.

I agree.

3 weeks ago everybody all the forum had given up on winter. JB said then it was going to change in February. Everybody continued to say models showing blow torch, blow torch while he said cold coming back, look in old thread. Now models showing what he said and the bashing continues. Yea he does over hype alot but when he is right nobody wants to admit it. Everybody gets mad because he charges for his services. I don't care who is right as long as we get snow. So far nobody on the southeast forum has been right including JB all the way until now. If he is wrong he is wrong but if he is right give credit where its do. We all think Robert and Allan are best on here and I prefer them over JB but he is the only one in the last month to give us a remote chance of winter when everybody else had wrote it off. Just look in old thread. Now the models are at least showing threats, something we haven't had all winter. We have had 2 threats that we got excited about to be let down. So I guess time will tell if he is right or wrong.

3 weeks ago everybody all the forum had given up on winter. JB said then it was going to change in February. Everybody continued to say models showing blow torch, blow torch while he said cold coming back, look in old thread. Now models showing what he said and the bashing continues. Yea he does over hype alot but when he is right nobody wants to admit it. Everybody gets mad because he charges for his services. I don't care who is right as long as we get snow. So far nobody on the southeast forum has been right including JB all the way until now. If he is wrong he is wrong but if he is right give credit where its do. We all think Robert and Allan are best on here and I prefer them over JB but he is the only one in the last month to give us a remote chance of winter when everybody else had wrote it off. Just look in old thread. Now the models are at least showing threats, something we haven't had all winter. We have had 2 threats that we got excited about to be let down. So I guess time will tell if he is right or wrong.

I agree, It's just comical how everybody loves to bash him when he's wrong! But let others on the board be wrong, NOTHING said. Everybody can be wrong but JB? I realize they give free info on here and I greatly appreciate it. But for those that pay for JB and give people some of his thoughts (which cost them $0) and they still want to bash him. All I can say is, lol I'm glad Robert is going to stop the free info (to some degree) on here, He deserves to get paid for his knowledge!!! BTW, All the Mets, Pro Forecasters on here are great and appreciated it would not be worth being on here if it wasn't for them sharing their knowledge with us weenies. I'm in no position to bash anybody about weather as I don't know much at all, But I can't understand all these JB basher's which cost them nothing??? I'm going to pay for Robert's services too! But to each their own.. I close with this, I hope everyone gets an inch of ICE :)

I know some appreciate JB's thoughts as I have had pm's. So bombs away!!!

He said there is no need to panic, or dance, with any model run . This next 7 days is transitional but behind it, I think this pattern is loading up for the Fab Feb I am not going to waffle back and forth with every model run. In addition , deep troughs in the Gulf of Alaska and Europe mean deep troughs develop in the east. It may take some time, but that is where we are going, so this is what he is still thinking for whoever is interested?

well said, and I am glad Robert has started his own as well. I have been trying to get him to do this for a couple of months and I am glad he is finally fulfilling his dream. He is a great guy that knows our area better than anybody. My company will sponsor him and pay for JB as well. I hope everybody on the forum will pay for his services

He's not right yet, last I checked it was in the mid 60's today imby and the next five or so will be well above normal, that goes for nearly all of the east being well above normal. Let's see if he's right first, unfortunately this could be one more fail on his part if Feb is a dud.. I'll say this also, if we get a 10-14 day cold period I can't say he was correct. Long range models show us warming back up for the last part of feb and march. Also the first bit of Feb looks to be warm. I'll give credit where credit is due but lets be real he hasn't gotten anything right yet. FWIW, there have been a few mets who have nailed this winter. If you look back you will see some mets in our own subforum who said they thought a warm winter was coming.

He's not right yet, last I checked it was in the mid 60's today imby and the next five or so will be well above normal, that goes for nearly all of the east being well above normal. Let's see if he's right first, unfortunately this could be one more fail on his part if Feb is a dud.. I'll say this also, if we get a 10-14 day cold period I can't say he was correct. Long range models show us warming back up for the last part of feb and march. Also the first bit of Feb looks to be warm. I'll give credit where credit is due but lets be real he hasn't gotten anything right yet. FWIW, there have been a few mets who have nailed this winter. If you look back you will see some mets in our own subforum who said they thought a warm winter was coming.

if you go back to his winter outlook in AUGUST he said southeast would not be happy his year. He said 3 weeks ago he liked the period after feb 6th but really liked it after the 10th so he hasn't been wrong yet. he also said last night he is not going to waffle back and forth because models changing every run. Look back 10 days ago models showed no signs of anything but warm now they have showed changed. The only mets that said a warm winter was coming was Don S and Roger Smith and Will. Yes they did a great job but nobody else has been close. I could careless if JB is right or wrong just saying everybody wants to bash him when he said back in the summer not looking good for southeast. But its funny when 3 eeks ago he said it would change and now we all see that there is hope.

if you go back to his winter outlook in AUGUST he said southeast would not be happy his year. He said 3 weeks ago he liked the period after feb 6th but really liked it after the 10th so he hasn't been wrong yet. he also said last night he is not going to waffle back and forth because models changing every run. Look back 10 days ago models showed no signs of anything but warm now they have showed changed. The only mets that said a warm winter was coming was Don S and Roger Smith and Will. Yes they did a great job but nobody else has been close. I could careless if JB is right or wrong just saying everybody wants to bash him when he said back in the summer not looking good for southeast. But its funny when 3 eeks ago he said it would change and now we all see that there is hope.

Powerstroke is right. JB did say back in August that the SE would not be pleased with winter this year. He got us prepared even before CPC released their outlook which agreed with what JB said.

Bastardi is really a lot like Obama. They are both very passionate in what they believe, good talkers and entertaining to listen to, but that's it. Bastardi keeps giving people hope and promising change, but in the end he, nor the pattern can seem to deliver. I bet those who paid for a subscription to hear Bastardi's thoughts this season are having buyer's remorse just like many of those who voted for Obama in '08.

Bastardi is really a lot like Obama. They are both very passionate in what they believe, good talkers and entertaining to listen to, but that's it. Bastardi keeps giving people hope and promising change, but in the end he, nor the pattern can seem to deliver. I bet those who paid for a subscription to hear Bastardi's thoughts this season are having buyer's remorse just like many of those who voted for Obama in '08.

I have no remorse paying for it. Wow $200 a year boy that's alot of money. People waste that on coffee a year. All I said was he has been no more wrong than anybody this year.

Obama has never been passionate about this country, nor change just look around. Some will still vote for him no matter what. But enough of politics.

I am glad every time you I post you want to correct me. I didn't know I had another father but it is good to know

I have no remorse paying for it. Wow $200 a year boy that's alot of money. People waste that on coffee a year. All I said was he has been no more wrong than anybody this year.

Obama has never been passionate about this country, nor change just look around. Some will still vote for him no matter what. But enough of politics.

I am glad every time you I post you want to correct me. I didn't know I had another father but it is good to know (need a period here)

Corrected it for you :popcorn:

Archived