CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thursday Wintry Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can always count on you to provide a grid point sounding that to disprove my point... master of the skew-t and sultan of the sand bag.

I'll wait til the BUFKIT soundings to come out to be more sure but at this point I think the NAM jackpot is deifnitely NW of ORH.

WTF dude why do you make such silly posts without checking soundings first, this is well outside the Berks, Will is right isothermal dump at 54 for him. Good try to discredit me when you made the mistake.

Can always count on you to provide a grid point sounding that to disprove my point... master of the skew-t and sultan of the sand bag.

I'll wait til the BUFKIT soundings to come out to be more sure but at this point I think the NAM jackpot is deifnitely NW of ORH.

Anyone with elevation and latitude stand the best chance with this system. I agree that the Berks up into S VT/NH will be the area that receives the most snow.

what do you guys think for manchester nh? to me looks like a good hit of snow!

Changes over from RA to SN sometime between 6z-9z Thu could be advisory to borderline warning criteria after that point verbatim, but snow on top of rain equals a lot of slop at first...especially if temps only fall to ~32F following the changeover. Lots of runs to go though.

WTF dude why do you make such silly posts without checking soundings first, this is well outside the Berks, Will is right isothermal dump at 54 for him. Good try to discredit me when you made the mistake.

You didn't get what I was saying. Just because that sounding says it's for ORH doesn't mean it really is. A lot of times those are for the nearest grid point and not necessarily at the exact location. It's much better to wait for the BUFKIT soundings to see for sure. Those particular soundings (and Plymouth State's) aren't particularly accurate.

And I was saying ORH is too warm to jackpot. That's fact. They start as rain then transition over.

Anyway I don't really care what they get since if the NAM is right I'm just about all rain :)

The s/w is falling apart, the system is opening up as it moves through. If that's actually what happens I see a shredded mess unable to deliver the dynamics needed to cool most of the lowlands during the peak of the storm.

Terrible run IMO, but it's the NAM.

I do think the shortwave is potent enough to deliver a solid thump of dynamics. But without much of a comma head (as the mid level features are opened up) there won't be a ton to get excited about for places that start too warm.

I really like the timing for this event..even if this warmer solution played out...I'd probably still have a chance at a thumping from 10z to 15z that causes school to cancel.

Anyway, I'd like the gfs to go west, but not much and the euro held serve. If the gfs goes way west or the euro moves west...we may be in trouble here.

The s/w is falling apart, the system is opening up as it moves through. If that's actually what happens I see a shredded mess unable to deliver the dynamics needed to cool most of the lowlands during the peak of the storm.

No argument there. If we had normal temps preceding this event, we would do far better closer to the coast. I'm sure there will be flakes flying but nothing noteworthy.

You didn't get what I was saying. Just because that sounding says it's for ORH doesn't mean it really is. A lot of times those are for the nearest grid point and not necessarily at the exact location. It's much better to wait for the BUFKIT soundings to see for sure. Those particular soundings (and Plymouth State's) aren't particularly accurate.

And I was saying ORH is too warm to jackpot. That's fact. They start as rain then transition over.

Anyway I don't really care what they get since if the NAM is right I'm just about all rain :)

Actually the sounding is for Union Ct but OK, I check soundings before looking at graphics to make statements about rain/ snow lines. No doubt they start as rain I agree but why did you have to throw a dig in? I was just showing a sounding that looked isothermal well south of ORH.

I believe Plymouth uses the same amount of decimals as BUFKIT...hundredths. I could be wrong though.

Yes. CP is fooked and will continue to be until we get rid of this crappola of a pattern and SST's are tamed.

Our only hope is to get an intensifying vort max to go south of SNE by a good deal and deliver something from the pike south, where we get a good ageo flow and just enough moisture with a NW wind to give us substantial snow. good luck :)

Archived