Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
FAILDC#

Ji

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is moisture laden...we get pasted between 60 and 66 hours....thermal profiles will be huge...the 850 line is well southeast of everyone by hour 66, but the sfc is still marginal and I am guessing the column will be an issue for most/some....but certainly the implication is we all go to snow at some point in that window

Nice. Nighttime hours will help

It is moisture laden...we get pasted between 60 and 66 hours....thermal profiles will be huge...the 850 line is well southeast of everyone by hour 66, but the sfc is still marginal and I am guessing the column will be an issue for most/some....but certainly the implication is we all go to snow at some point in that window

basically we get between 0.7" and 0.9" between around 7pm and 3am.....the changeover will happen for most in that window based on this run though it could be earlier for JYO, MRB etc.....the euro maps that most of us get don't give us enough detail to pinpoint exact times and impact and what sticks, etc....I think NW of the cities is certainly better, but based on this run, I could see a few hours of mod/hvy snow even in the cities...probably at 32-34 degrees....but it is at night and sun isnt an issue anyway....maybe 1-3" for the cities

I'd go 2" at this point with the Euro on board...sorta. Wonder what Wes is thinking

the euro is pretty straightforward.....it just depends how much precip we waste on rain/mix and where you reside....it would be a matter of waiting for the changeover....and when it does how heavy is it and how well does it stick.....but even me and you are probably all snow for at least 3-4 hours based on this run

the euro is pretty straightforward.....it just depends how much precip we waste on rain/mix and where you reside....it would be a matter of waiting for the changeover....and when it does how heavy is it and how well does it stick.....but even me and you are probably all snow for at least 3-4 hours based on this run

Well I'm on Capitol Hill on the hilly side (that is, the center/central part of the neighborhood); I should be okay, right?

i'd take the under. unless the sun doesnt rise. going to take a while to cool the surface.

euro has the surface 32 line in pa and wv through the heaviest precip and to the nw of the cities as it ends. probably not exactly how it turns out in heavy precip but temps cool aloft a lot quicker than at the surface.

yesterday it completely missed us to the south too

not really unless it is light....it will stick easily...after dark, favorable sun angle....it is just a matter of waiting for the changeover...once it changes, any mod/hvy snow will stick quickly and easily

lol, the sun comment was a joke.

euro has the surface 32 line in pa and wv through the heaviest precip and to the nw of the cities as it ends. probably not exactly how it turns out in heavy precip but temps cool aloft a lot quicker than at the surface.

The Euro def has a warm surface bias but even taken verbatim concerned trees might be more of a concern than roads especially outside the beltway, taking pepco into account.

I don't think that line means much other than the boundary layer is something that needs to be paid attention to and perhaps other parts of the column as well.....Even if that line is in Canada, once it changes over, we are 31-33 degrees probably

I don't think that line means much other than the boundary layer is something that needs to be paid attention to and perhaps other parts of the column as well.....Even if that line is in Canada, once it changes over, we are 31-33 degrees probably

i think almost every model crashes 850s way quicker than the surface so it's something to consider. this is one run...

Euro is close enough for sure. We won't benefit from any radiational cooling but I agree with zwts, 31-33 after the change is pretty likely.

I like the strength of the ull on the euro too. There is good potential to get a bonus ull thumping. I can't get rid of the hunch that the ull is going to end up stronger than what is being modeled. I'll find out the asnwer in real time as I don't sleep on wednesday night.

Euro is close enough for sure. We won't benefit from any radiational cooling but I agree with zwts, 31-33 after the change is pretty likely.

I like the strength of the ull on the euro too. There is good potential to get a bonus ull thumping. I can't get rid of the hunch that the ull is going to end up stronger than what is being modeled. I'll find out the asnwer in real time as I don't sleep on wednesday night.

Have to be a positive that we are trending in the right direction as the storm nears

Archived