Newest Member
    joxey
November 23 - Storm Threat

powderfreak

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could end up being a massive sleet storm for someone

Yeah we still have to be a little wary of how far north that taint line near 800mb goes. It's also possible the precip gets a little more showery in nature, across southern areas as the DS approaches, but I'd like to see how the 12z euro handles that. GFS kind of suggested it. The problem is that even a 90-120 minute difference in whether or not someone flips could mean a 3-4" difference in amounts. That's quite a bit. I'm back and forth for areas like Dendrite. It looks like he could get a good front end thump, but the sleet line may move north and temporarily hang out near him.

Could end up being a massive sleet storm for someone

Seems like that would be me, im about two miles south of CON. Honestly though there's no way I can complain after getting my 22.5 inches in that pre halloween storm. The way I see it I'm good til at least January, had that not happened different story. It would still be nice to pick up a warning criteria event but not confident on whether I get 6", a bunch of sleet, or just rain.

Good luck to those who missed out on the best of the last big storm up in NNE

Seems like that would be me, im about two miles south of CON. Honestly though there's no way I can complain after getting my 22.5 inches in that pre halloween storm. The way I see it I'm good til at least January, had that not happened different story. It would still be nice to pick up a warning criteria event but not confident on whether I get 6", a bunch of sleet, or just rain.

Good luck to those who missed out on the best of the last big storm up in NNE

Profiles very sleety for you. Somewhere between Hampton and Raymond appears to be where the transition from liquid to frozen is going to be for southeastern NH.

Profiles very sleety for you. Somewhere between Hampton and Raymond appears to be where the transition from liquid to frozen is going to be for southeastern NH.

So those were your WSW's that surprised me when I woke up this morning huh? Very tough call like you had said earlier, I'd be a bit worried whether or not they'll verify but with all the traveling going on it's good for people to be aware.

Sounds reasonable for this time of year that theI frozen precip wouldnt make it much further than raymond, Hampton might be tough but your the pro. I don't have as much invested as those further north than me do either. Besides haven't had a good sleet storm in years and I believe it counts toward the total snowfall for this winter too.

1-2 inches of slap in the face snow here looks likely

slap in the face because here are the numbers

3. november 22, 1994

2. november 23, 2011 it appears

1. november 26, 1902

those are the dates for latest snowfalls ever observed in montreal.

looks like we will come up a few days short of the record for an inch of snow that will melt a day later. :thumbsdown:

Yeah we still have to be a little wary of how far north that taint line near 800mb goes. It's also possible the precip gets a little more showery in nature, across southern areas as the DS approaches, but I'd like to see how the 12z euro handles that. GFS kind of suggested it. The problem is that even a 90-120 minute difference in whether or not someone flips could mean a 3-4" difference in amounts. That's quite a bit. I'm back and forth for areas like Dendrite. It looks like he could get a good front end thump, but the sleet line may move north and temporarily hang out near him.

Check out the SPC WRF. This is kind of what I mean. Notice the big front end thump and then by 14Z, the precip gets showery in southern areas. But look up near IZG, see how those steadier bands persist? That's the mid level frontogenesis and deformation in that area. That's where the big amounts will be..where ever that sets up...and I like that depiction.

Here in the Plymouth NH area storm will take people by surprise. I spoke to several people this AM and they said really? Channel 9, the local NH station really downplayed any possible accumulations except in the mountains on the newscast last night. Contractors took their plows off again after the October storm and one guy I spoke to said even if we get any snow they said it will be warm this weekend and it will melt. I was thinking 2-4" yesterday and 3-7" last night but with the Euro a bit colder I think 6-12" is now possible. By the way some of the local plow made snowpiles from the October storm are still around. I had wondered if they would make it and they have. Looks like out temp is topping out now with high clouds moving in. 41F. DP 22F

Here in the Plymouth NH area storm will take people by surprise. I spoke to several people this AM and they said really? Channel 9, the local NH station really downplayed any possible accumulations except in the mountains on the newscast last night. Contractors took their plows off again after the October storm and one guy I spoke to said even if we get any snow they said it will be warm this weekend and it will melt. I was thinking 2-4" yesterday and 3-7" last night but with the Euro a bit colder I think 6-12" is now possible. By the way some of the local plow made snowpiles from the October storm are still around. I had wondered if they would make it and they have. Looks like out temp is topping out now with high clouds moving in. 41F. DP 22F

You thinking you will stay all snow?

Archived