Newest Member
    CHSVol
Mid-Atlantic Check-in

Kmlwx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, from the former quickstep.

I didn't realize you were a ham. Me too...N3PRZ, although I hardly play anymore.....between the low solar cycle, the BS with the local skywarn group (just me...they aren't a bad group...just isolated) and technology that is more fun and advanced...just couldn't see the fun in it. I'll go back likely once the solar cycle comes back (if it comes back...LOL).

@Weatherwarrior: I like our Skywarn group. (Disclaimer: I'm both a member and part of its leadership.) The focus is on making sure our spotters are safe (For example: due to the varying terrain and heavy rainfall we get, we don't send spotters to watch for tornados, as other Skywarn programs might do), and that the weather information flows to the forecasters. NWS is pretty satisfied with what we do, and we have excellent rapport with the forecasters. We reach out to hams and also to others--whoever can get reports to us and however their abilities to do so. I'm not trying to sound like a Skywarn commercial or derail this introductory thread. The Skywarn thread you started on the other boards was a good one.

I haven't been as active in things either, having been busy with other stuff.

That said, I hope all is well with you and it's good to see you and everyone else over here.

@Weatherwarrior: I like our Skywarn group. (Disclaimer: I'm both a member and part of its leadership.) The focus is on making sure our spotters are safe (For example: due to the varying terrain and heavy rainfall we get, we don't send spotters to watch for tornados, as other Skywarn programs might do), and that the weather information flows to the forecasters. NWS is pretty satisfied with what we do, and we have excellent rapport with the forecasters. We reach out to hams and also to others--whoever can get reports to us and however their abilities to do so. I'm not trying to sound like a Skywarn commercial or derail this introductory thread. The Skywarn thread you started on the other boards was a good one.

I haven't been as active in things either, having been busy with other stuff.

That said, I hope all is well with you and it's good to see you and everyone else over here.

Ill second that. You guys are the front line. Hey, side note, since you are in the SKYWARN leadership here. You guys wouldnt be interested in taking over the SKYWARN group on the public alert system for the County would you?

Archived