• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December upcoming wx.

CoastalWx

If the 18z gfs is correct, the coldest day through hour 360 will be Thursday, thats about as ugly a run as imaginable, nothing just nothing, snow aside, just a downright brutal pattern :arrowhead:

Fortunately the professional forecasters at Box don't agree. Sunday looks warm but some nice cold days in there to. Spinmeister.

Thursday: Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind between 7 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind between 11 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 38.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 48.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.

Monday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I sorta completely forgot that pete had 31" of snow already. insane with how warm it is out

I didn't . lol A sweet little appetizer to a very snowy Winter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately the professional forecasters at Box don't agree. Sunday looks warm but some nice cold days in there to. Spinmeister.

Thursday: Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind between 7 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind between 11 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 38.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 48.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.

Monday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I hope your enjoyed your second +17-+20 departure day in a row, the only thing thats spinning is your ridiculous assumption back in august of a cold autumn, its been an all out torch, and your stupid antics dont change a thing. We all want colder weather yet with expectations and REALITY kept in check.

Go ahead now, spin spin spin how cold its been!

And by the way that as depicted is well above normal for you since your climo lows and highs are in the 20s and upper 30s low 40s.

Not at all, just sick of BS.

I don't remember MRG crowing cold too much lately... Less than his usual overhyped self

Is this warmth good for your business? Besides the ease of working in this wx vs cold and wet, do you get paid more?

I can handle a few more weeks of it...but then I need cold and snow

I hope your enjoyed your second +17-+20 departure day in a row, the only thing thats spinning is your ridiculous assumption back in august of a cold autumn, its been an all out torch, and your stupid antics dont change a thing. We all want colder weather yet with expectations and REALITY kept in check.

Go ahead now, spin spin spin how cold its been!

And by the way that as depicted is well above normal for you since your climo lows and highs are in the 20s and upper 30s low 40s.

Hmmm. of the 6 days, 4 have highs in the 30's to low 40's and only 2 nights fail to fall below freezing. God, the Jets get spanked and you get all surly.lol Enjoy your warmth, tick, tock.

Sorry, listening to our unbelievable METS, looking at models leads me to believe the upcoming pattern the next 3 weeks is fantastic.

My apologies, this has been one of the chilliest autumns I can remember.

6 days until im on the beach soaking up rays and sucking down frozen rum runners............peace out and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:thumbsup:

Time for a blunt, glass of Pinot and a fiirepit Joe? Or just Prozac? ( OT joke)

They have spies you know. This will be reported to the officials at DBM.

I don't remember MRG crowing cold too much lately... Less than his usual overhyped self

Is this warmth good for your business? Besides the ease of working in this wx vs cold and wet, do you get paid more?

I can handle a few more weeks of it...but then I need cold and snow

Why talk about the cold when I can talk about the awesome start to the snow season. I get a kick out of everyone fretting about the Winter at this early juncture especially when most of SNE is WAY ahead on seasonal snowfall. GinXXX's triple X Winter will rush in and the non-believers will cry.

You guys arguing what the pattern has been thus far is not very constructive to this thread which focuses on the future pattern. We do have a banter thread for that.

The next 2-3 weeks looks pretty warm in my book but we will have a cold couple of days Thursday/Friday it looks like....then another brief cooldown for a couple days next week that may linger into Turkey Day.

cough, cough...Bills...cough,cough

A few tough losses are part of the maturation process of a young, up and coming team. At least they are able to beat the teams they are supposed to beat like .........the Patriots.

Should we congratulate Miami early on their third win of the season?

I'm not sure, who do they play after the Bills?

Well below normal pattern, my bad.

No, I didn't say that. I merely pointed out that a majority of the days and nights for the said time period met the "norms" you put forth.

You guys arguing what the pattern has been thus far is not very constructive to this thread which focuses on the future pattern. We do have a banter thread for that.

The next 2-3 weeks looks pretty warm in my book but we will have a cold couple of days Thursday/Friday it looks like....then another brief cooldown for a couple days next week that may linger into Turkey Day.

Well, I for one think that this temp rollercoaster ride is fairly standard for the transition to Winter period. Some cold periods, some warm periods, meh. To some how extrapolate that there will be no Winter like weather in the not too distant future flies in the face of climo. I'll move along to the banter thread.

At least climo helps a little. Just get these nights back below freezing...

No, I didn't say that. I merely pointed out that a majority of the days and nights for the said time period met the "norms" you put forth.

Yeah we seem to get about 48 hours of normal November cold followed by 72 hours of near record November warmth. Record highs have been set up this way at some point during each of these last few warm-ups. The problem is we are no longer ever dropping "below" the November normals... it just cools down *to* normal before going back up. All climate stations up here (BTV, MPV, MVL, etc) are very close to each other right around +4.5F for November. C'mon Pete, work your magic and get the hammer to drop!

I drove to the summit of Mansfield today to check some things out, and going up the work road I had the windows down in the truck and it was quite comfortable at 4,000ft in short-sleeves. Yuck.

I'm expecting a few renegade LES squalls Thursday afternoon/evening. Temps staying in the 30's that day will be nice break from this mild stuff over here now. But as expected....I didn't miss anything good back home.

Well, I for one think that this temp rollercoaster ride is fairly standard for the transition to Winter period. Some cold periods, some warm periods, meh. To some how extrapolate that there will be no Winter like weather in the not too distant future flies in the face of climo. I'll move along to the banter thread.

Yeah we seem to get about 48 hours of normal November cold followed by 72 hours of near record November warmth. Record highs have been set up this way at some point during each of these last few warm-ups. The problem is we are no longer ever dropping "below" the November normals... it just cools down *to* normal before going back up. All climate stations up here (BTV, MPV, MVL, etc) are very close to each other right around +4.5F for November. C'mon Pete, work your magic and get the hammer to drop!

I drove to the summit of Mansfield today to check some things out, and going up the work road I had the windows down in the truck and it was quite comfortable at 4,000ft in short-sleeves. Yuck.

What conditions makenit worth firing up the gun? I know 27F is good, but for how many hours?

Roller coaster that averages out to way above normal. That looks to continue.

I do not think snow is discounted out of the interior elevated spots during our brief cooler periods...but probably areas like where Joe is, they have little to no shot in this type of pattern...but climo says that is basically true in November anyway. But we are unlikely to see a parade of winter threats in this type of pattern...that is different than maybe getting a rogue interior advisory event if we cash in on a transient cold shot. We are in a favorable pattern for big warm ups after our brief cool shots. I do not see much changing that long wave pattern over the next 2-3 weeks.

I do not think snow is discounted out of the interior elevated spots during our brief cooler periods...but probably areas like where Joe is, they have little to no shot in this type of pattern...but climo says that is basically true in November anyway. But we are unlikely to see a parade of winter threats in this type of pattern...that is different than maybe getting a rogue interior advisory event if we cash in on a transient cold shot. We are in a favorable pattern for big warm ups after our brief cool shots. I do not see much changing that long wave pattern over the next 2-3 weeks.

There really is no way to spin it. From mountain top to seashore, it's a mild pattern. Hopefully we can sneak in a rogue event, but may be tough along the coastline.

Perfect description of the pattern Will.

Archived