• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2011 Winter Banter Thread

yoda

So then why do you need to post some variation of the snowfall prediction once every couple of days? Just let it stand-- we'll all see what happens.

Are you afraid that some of us missed it the first 10 times you posted it?

I'm not posting any 'verifications' as it hasn't happened yet, just attempting to analyze the pattern instead of b**tching over a lack of snow. I'd rather discuss the wx and climate.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So obvious. Thanks.

You've gotten enough flack tonight so I'm trying to let this one go, but with posts like that, you play the "outdoorsman" card very poorly.

Haha so be it, but when it is 25 degrees and you have to grip an axe it gets uncomfortable even with gloves + glove warmers. I had to take a break every 10 minutes or so.

Haha so be it, but when it is 25 degrees and you have to grip an axe it gets uncomfortable even with gloves + glove warmers. I had to take a break every 10 minutes or so.

Are you sure that you were splitting wood? I think that it was Henry Ford that said, "Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."

Today was a perfect outdoor day for farm work, even around the 1/400 farm here. Just curious, what were you chopping?

that's true, the second half was highly disappointing.

I wanted 100" for the season.......that's how demented I was.

But no complaints. The back to back blizzards went way beyond my wildest imagination.

Feb 2010 sucked except for the first 11-12 days

With persistent cold, very little rain, and snow on the ground for pretty much the rest of the month, I disagree.

Are you sure that you were splitting wood? I think that it was Henry Ford that said, "Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."

Today was a perfect outdoor day for farm work, even around the 1/400 farm here. Just curious, what were you chopping?

We cut down a dying Oak near McLean and split the large logs into managable pieces of firewood, hard work that warms the body but my hands went numb even with gloves.

perhaps it was because you were using the wrong tool?

who splits wood with an axe?

Don't focus on the snowfall in an analog month because global upward motion can be vastly different due to different configuration of SSTA anomalies while the large scale synoptical pattern can be very similar, I believe the answer to DC snowfall lies in the configuration of the global upward motion state which is mostly a result of SSTA setup.

I like the look global upward motion state for us,

the GUM index?

its gonna be in the Big Red zone next week.

that's cool. (unlike next week)

man, all your february hopes rest on the GUM index bubbling into the Dentyne Ice or the Extra Polar Ice zones and that seems tenuous at best

Actually it doesn't.....to be simple: PV weakens substantially, -NAO slowly develops as heigher heights flow into Greenland, - PNA relaxes, SSTA anomalies and upward motion config = yay.

Actually it doesn't.....to be simple: PV weakens substantially, -NAO slowly develops as heigher heights flow into Greenland, - PNA relaxes, SSTA anomalies and upward motion config = yay.

perhaps you should try to find a correlation between the GUM index and the POPCORN Oscillation (Pieces Of Pseudoscience Comprised of Other Random Numbers) to support your forecast.

perhaps you should try to find a correlation between the GUM index and the POPCORN Oscillation (Pieces Of Pseudoscience Comprised of Other Random Numbers) to support your forecast.

If you think forecasting the AO + SSTAs influence on the wx pattern is 'pseudoscience', then you should take an atmospheric science course.

dumba**.

Archived