Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2011 Winter Banter Thread

yoda

Looks cold after next week, so there's that :P

it'll get cold again.. only the super snow weenies up north are dumb enough to call for leaf out in feb and no snow ever again. we've lost a lot of winter one way or another... plenty of time to let it redeem the closing bell at least. im not sure i buy into a totally different feb but odds say it should be better than we've seen thus far.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, cool. I understand the mentality too, like you said, my wedding was a snowstorm :)

I got married at a courthouse on December 16 in the height of a cold snowstorm (upper teens for temps with wind.) I am still grateful that Berkeley County government didn't institute early dismissal before we could get there. :)

Not if you like the outdoors. playing golf in the 30s with a wind is not that much fun. I'd much prefer playing in summer at 90 but I also like snow. When the pattern sucks for snow, then I wish for warmth. If the pattern looked better for snow, I'd want the cold. Everyone is different and everyone vews the world differently. Why should that upset anyone and why should anyone really care.

Even though I'm a gardener, I am still outside a much larger percentage of the time when it is subfreezing than when its above 90. As you say, we are all different, but winter, for me, is much more fun outdoors than summer.

Not if you like the outdoors. playing golf in the 30s with a wind is not that much fun. I'd much prefer playing in summer at 90 but I also like snow. When the pattern sucks for snow, then I wish for warmth. If the pattern looked better for snow, I'd want the cold. Everyone is different and everyone vews the world differently. Why should that upset anyone and why should anyone really care.

I personally don't think winter is a great time for golf, but to each his own. For those who ski or snowboard, sunny and 35 is infinitely better than having a blowtorch.

it'll get cold again.. only the super snow weenies up north are dumb enough to call for leaf out in feb and no snow ever again. we've lost a lot of winter one way or another... plenty of time to let it redeem the closing bell at least. im not sure i buy into a totally different feb but odds say it should be better than we've seen thus far.

Can't really be worse, can it?

I got married at a courthouse on December 16 in the height of a cold snowstorm (upper teens for temps with wind.) I am still grateful that Berkeley County government didn't institute early dismissal before we could get there. :)

Happy late anniversary to you!

This isn't a very nice post Ian. -15 this morning and 2-4" tonight. Who called for a leaf out in Feb and no snow ever again? Blizz meltdown?

I personally don't think winter is a great time for golf, but to each his own. For those who ski or snowboard, sunny and 35 is infinitely better than having a blowtorch.

I golf, fish and snowboard...winter for me is snowboarding time. Even a mega torch couldn't improve fishing in the winter (I'm a saltwater guy), I'll occasionally get out to golf on warm days, but it just doesn't seem natural in the winter

Just purchased a new plow for my pickup in anticipation for February and March. IMO no one should be complaining about the 2-3 weeks torch pattern since it is what'll initiate a colder, snowier regime for later in the winter.

I guess if we get 30"+ snow in Feb you'll look like a genius.

Just purchased a new plow for my pickup in anticipation for February and March. IMO no one should be complaining about the 2-3 weeks torch pattern since it is what'll initiate a colder, snowier regime for later in the winter.

I lived in an area that gets an average of 120" of snow per year and maybe two people had plows in the whole neighborhood. What in the Sam hell makes you think you need one?

I could possibly see a snow blower, but a plow? You going to try to make money off of it? That'll take you a good long time.

I lived in an area that gets an average of 120" of snow per year and maybe two people had plows in the whole neighborhood. What in the Sam hell makes you think you need one?

I could possibly see a snow blower, but a plow? You going to try to make money off of it? That'll take you a good long time.

Nothing wrong with having a snow plow in the south, I have a few in our fleet, all shapes and sizes.

I like it, thats def putting your money where mouth is

My favorite time of the year is spring & summer. I enjoy the late night boomers that shake and rattle every window in the house. That feeling alone let's you know there is a GOD. I also love to fish and play golf myself in my spare time. Fall is beautiful with all the leaves changing colors and the up and down in temps letting us know that winters is knocking on our doors. Winter arrives with it's perks of snow or blizzards. If it is not snowing winter can be boring like this year. But what can you do? I am already looking forward to spring. One thing I can say is winter is not over with and I still believe everyone in the DC area will get a nice snow before winters end. I also think our 8-10in snow prediction by some will come in 1 snow. The real question is when. I see and have read a possible -NAO around the 29 of January. I know it's along ways away. Wow this has been a boring winter!

If we don't, I'm trolling him like whoa

I like it, thats def putting your money where mouth is

He isn't getting any plow..........he is completely trolling here :lol:

It's basically free money, dude. I made $4000 during 12/19/09 basically sitting in a pickup playing my iPod.

???? -5 or -15?

-5 here at the house, -15 at the bottom of the glen. I snapped a pic of the truck thermo at 7:30am, it doesn't show up that well but yeah, -15. Didn't realize until I hit the road. really hope you guys get some snow. No snow lover should have to endure a snowless winter. Best of luck.

Archived