e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Oct Banter/Obs IV...........

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I don't know...and I've said this before too....I think Logan reports low in the QPF dept sometimes. Once again, they are the lower than anyone else in the area. OWD which by radar looked like it should be a little lower, actually reported more rain than KBOS. I remember hearing Todd Gross talk about this as well. It seems to happen in the more windy storms too.

Man I don't know...and I've said this before too....I think Logan reports low in the QPF dept sometimes. Once again, they are the lower than anyone else in the area. OWD which by radar looked like it should be a little lower, actually reported more rain than KBOS. I remember hearing Todd Gross talk about this as well. It seems to happen in the more windy storms too.

Is it an ASOS? Our local ASOS at MVL usually isn't even close on liquid amounts. That thing runs like 50% of spotters and CoCoRAHS observers in the area. Ive always felt that ASOS stations are sketchy on QPF amounts... or maybe spotters just run high.

Is it an ASOS? Our local ASOS at MVL usually isn't even close on liquid amounts. That thing runs like 50% of spotters and CoCoRAHS observers in the area. Ive always felt that ASOS stations are sketchy on QPF amounts... or maybe spotters just run high.

Yeah it's an ASOS. It just seems a little low to me, especially since I had a rain gauge (although not right now) and I was always higher than Logan, in synoptic events that didn't feature mesoscale bands of heavy rain. I'm aware of accuracy issues and things like that, but just seems somewhat suspicious.

Some models try to make things somewhat interesting later next week. GFS ensembles have a low offshore and the 00z euro ensembles don't have this low..but they do have a weakness in low pressure offshore. It probably won't be anything, but maybe something remotely interesting to watch.

Archived