e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Oct Banter/Obs IV...........

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October 10th, 1993 - I had a low of 19°F and I see that it was in the mid-teens up in northern VT. Considering that was over a week ago, that's pretty good. We could use some of that cold this year...

It looks like record lows right now are in the mid to upper teens here right now..that must've been a nice morning!

Not endless summer here. More like endless murk & gloom.

6204481097_ba9ed17b21.jpg

Yikes, that looks depressing, nothing worse than a gloomy brown landscape on a +20 or so degree morning :thumbsdown: Cobalt blue skies now breaking out down here with a fresh breeze out of the sw, as cold air pours in from the confederate territories.LOL Off to work, enjoy the day Ryan, I know you love this weather.

October 10th, 1993 - I had a low of 19°F and I see that it was in the mid-teens up in northern VT. Considering that was over a week ago, that's pretty good. We could use some of that cold this year...

Remember a couple years ago, right around mid-month, we had a couple days of pretty cold highs. Low-40s for highs even at the Connecticut shore is pretty impressive for Oct. 15th. A cold northerly wind blew that day. I know there was some precip around too, though not sure if anyone saw flakes, but it must've been close. A 42 high would feel quite cold right now considering we can't even buy a low close to that at the moment.

Remember a couple years ago, right around mid-month, we had a couple days of pretty cold highs. Low-40s for highs even at the Connecticut shore is pretty impressive for Oct. 15th. A cold northerly wind blew that day. I know there was some precip around too, though not sure if anyone saw flakes, but it must've been close. A 42 high would feel quite cold right now considering we can't even buy a low close to that at the moment.

Maybe you're thinking of October 15th & 16th, 2009. I had highs of 41° on both days and it snowed both days as well. We had snow in the evening on the 15th and again in the morning on the 16th. I also see a couple of days later on October 18, 2009 - I had a high temp of 40° in the morning and noted that the temp dropped all day. I picked up an inch of snow...it stuck around for a couple of days in the shade.

A week later we got to 68! Maybe we'll reverse things this year....

Archived