amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 14th and onward discussion thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the GFS to warm up here in N.Foothills NC for Saturday ?

This actually looks like a good track for western NC, including you in the northern foothills, on the Global, per the 12 & 18z run. Areas to the west of a Charlotte to Danville line would likely be in the SN verbatim, as that would be to the NW of the 850 track.

This actually looks like a good track for western NC, including you in the northern foothills, on the Global, per the 12 & 18z run. Areas to the west of a Charlotte to Danville line would likely be in the SN verbatim, as that would be to the NW of the 850 track.

i noticed in the afd for gsp mentioned something about a dryslot in the foothills as the storm starts rounding the corner. i guess around hatteras could you or anyone with the more knowledge than me explain this?

Thank you Sir !!! Also I had to bring the mojo monkey back for this one. lol :snowman:

Thank you Sir !!! Also I had to bring the mojo monkey back for this one. lol :snowman:

I noticed the mojo monkey was back. We had pretty good luck w/ the mojo monkey last year. Now if we could get rid of that unlucky blue kazoo thing that lilj has we'll be golden...:thumbsup:

J/K btw lilj!

Offically the high today at PGV was 32 for about a hr so its been below freezing since 5pm yesterday and prolly wont go above freezing until late morning tommorrow at the earliest so that will be 36+ hrs below freezing not bad for this time of year.

Current dp is -4 has been at or below 0 since 8 am this morning. Sucks that the end result of this cold snap is gonna be a snow to rain event Thursday :thumbsdown: At least the snow ( what little we get) shouldnt have any trouble sticking.

So everyone here along with the models show potential (however low) for some type of wintry event for this weekend. Then I go and read FFC's disussion and they're talking about instability possibilties and "ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM IS POSSIBLE ON SATURDAY". What am I missing?

Because most are talking about north carolina, not georgia. Other than maybe some back end flurries/light snow showers, The odds of north Georgia seeing anything wintery out of this is pretty low. It would take some big changes for us to get anything other than rain. Despite being several days out, this seems unlikely given relatively good model agreement for so far out. The only exception might be the extreme north ga mountains near the nc border. They might get in on it but by far most of us won't..at least as it stands right now.

Because most are talking about north carolina, not georgia. Other than maybe some back end flurries/light snow showers, The odds of north Georgia seeing anything wintery out of this is pretty low. It would take some big changes for us to get anything other than rain. Despite being several days out, this seems unlikely given relatively good model agreement for so far out. The only exception might be the extreme north ga mountains near the nc border. They might get in on it but by far most of us won't..at least as it stands right now.

Yeah....I know its unlikely for our neck of the woods....just thought that discussing thunderstorm possibility doesn't really fit with the setup.

Upstate SC is doomed........You are going to have to give it up and sacrifice that thing to the snow gods. Maybe we should start a poll.

I'll give it a go just to see what happens. :scooter: If I don't see improvement soon though, it's coming back. :devilsmiley:

My new avatar and possibly temporary one is reverse psychology.

My Carolina Crusher avatar has been doing some good mojo for me. Since I joined this forum in February 2009 (well, it was Eastern then), I've gotten three 5.5"+ events and, in total, have received about 29" of snow! Snowman.gif

Keep it! That storm was awesome... January 24th and 25th added up to more snow than I've had since... the winter of 2004-2005 until now. Maybe it will appease us and be reincarnated.

I'll give it a go just to see what happens. :scooter: If I don't see improvement soon though, it's coming back. :devilsmiley:

My new avatar and possibly temporary one is reverse psychology.

The suspense is killing me....And the new avatar is....(que drum roll)

Very nice!...I see what you mean by reverse psychology.

post-1455-0-59944800-1292377315.gif

My Carolina Crusher avatar has been doing some good mojo for me. Since I joined this forum in February 2009 (well, it was Eastern then), I've gotten three 5.5"+ events and, in total, have received about 29" of snow! Snowman.gif

We need a repeat of that storm. Just need it to affect a larger area of the foothills and mountains than the 2000 storm did.

The 12z euro has a system in the SE at hr 192 (12/23)...Slides off the SC/Ga. coast at hr 198...Temps look decent also. Ends up wide right at hr 210 (12/24) and does not climb the coast but looks like a good possibility. The gfs has been hinting at a storm during this time frame also. Something to at least keep an eye on. Would be nice to have a storm right at Christmas.

Archived