northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Moving on to mid/late November

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right....nuances like that not withstanding, those are generally favorable regimes for the cp because they limit marine intrusion, which is paramount so early on in the cold season.

There are times when the +pp is displaced off to the nne that it will be of most benefit to my locale, relative to the rest of sne.

Being in the cp as well here, But being further north helps, Taint is not as big a problem as it is for you, The HP placement makes more of a differnce down your way moreso then here

Being in the cp as well here, But being further north helps, Taint is not as big a problem as it is for you, The HP placement makes more of a differnce down your way moreso then here

The shape of the coast line is such that you have less room for a wind trajectory off of the water....that and the pure latitudinal advantage of course.

There really weren't any blockbusters....just a BUNCH of mod-heavy hitters.

Dec 16 was probably the most robust for the majority of sne.....solid 8-12" n of the pike.

Hmmm it's probably tough to get a blockbuster type noreaster with a progressive storm track that Sam outlined

There really weren't any blockbusters....just a BUNCH of mod-heavy hitters.

Dec 16 was probably the most robust for the majority of sne.....solid 8-12" n of the pike.

yep ... it was awesome in 2007-8, then got a little old in 2008-9.

October 30, 2011 dumped more snow in Keene than any two events from those winters combined.

if you do the weenie roll-forward from the gfs ens day 8 package you get a pretty solidly cold december - though there are some real cold ones in there (89 and 58 most notably) that skew some relatively warm years as well.

post-218-0-38966200-1320954872.png

Yea there is little doubt now Dec will be very cold, kiss the SWFE ideas aside too boys and girls.

The shape of the coast line is such that you have less room for a wind trajectory off of the water....that and the pure latitudinal advantage of course.

Yes, lat is a big factor, I fight the CF and how far the push inland gets, I either score big or taint with that, Winds have to be more ESE to create problems here.

As long as its not vodka cold, Then we will take the Clippers and Miller B's instead.... :snowman:

Might be heavy heavy cold air, think the CP does better than far interior for awhile then you guys leave the CP in your dust. JMHO but I am thinking another huge CP bomb before clippah and MB season begins, a phase transistion storm.

Might be heavy heavy cold air, think the CP does better than far interior for awhile then you guys leave the CP in your dust. JMHO but I am thinking another huge CP bomb before clippah and MB season begins, a phase transistion storm.

Would really like to see things freeze up solid before the onslaught, But does not usually happen that way...

Archived