gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it was a tropical storm. Imagine what a cat 3 would do.......

Ryan I was talking to a fireman, the surge on reef rd stopped about 20 yds short of 92, however on the peninsula, where they lost either 3 or 4 homes to the sound (completely gone) and over by Penfield jennings the surge was worse. I was walking through waist and chest deep water to get on top of a deck to take the shots of the waves, but almost 8/10 of a mile walk back down Penfield Rd, 8/10 of a mile is an impressive surge.

Looks to have been right around 7-8 ft here.

Incredible!!!!!!!!!

(check out the pics in the damage thread if you have not yet)

Unconfirmed reports that the Chester Dam in Chester at the Westfield River has breached. That would be a significant issue.

Still raining here at a good clip and the water continues to rise. Well over 10" so far. Bridges are in danger, we're pretty much cut off by water now

Maybe if something really bad happens people will be satisfied.

Yeah, no sh*t. I was really annoyed by the ghouls posting about wanting to be hit hard. Now that it's happened I'm even more repulsed by their idiotic posts. I'd love to see them lose something dear and then ask how they like it now. Morons.

Yeah, no sh*t. I was really annoyed by the ghouls posting about wanting to be hit hard. Now that it's happened I'm even more repulsed by their idiotic posts. I'd love to see them lose something dear and then ask how they like it now. Morons.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

When it's happening in your own yard, to your own house, then it changes you perspective.

Hang in there, you'll be laughing at us arguing about coastal fronts before long

Scary situation out there right now for sure, be safe.

Most of us want to see extreme weather, but when it happens in your own geographical proximity, it certainly hits home. It's not funny at all when you walk out your front door and see destruction.

Hang in there and keep safe!

Pictures coming out of my hometowns of Guilford and Branford look really bad. Places flooded for the first time since 1938.

Wind damage was serious even though the winds were short of Gloria. Wet soil and long duration made the outages worse. By the time we're done we'll probably be near 800k w/o power.. by far a new record.

Yes, I appreciate that it's a grave situation down in coastal sw CT....but this thing def. could have been alot worse, which is what is so scary....good luck w recovery down there.

Archived