• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hurricane Irene

Baroclinic Zone

Yes 100-150 miles west of the eye-- Bertha's max rainfalls were in the Poconos, for example. With Gloria, max rainfall at this lat was in NYC and with Bob it was actually in my area (at my lat anyway.)

I think that will be the headliner with this storm.. spot 20"?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larry Cosgrove just posted this on his Facebook page.

HWRF and ECMWF model results are in folks. This is going to be one hell of a storm, and anyone living from NC northward to SE QC and NB are about to get hot with a hurricane. Worst impacts Philadelphia and New York metros. I will have an update on examiner.com

Yes, it really IS that bad....

LOL..Philly and NY?? He's not dealing with it

Will, look up the Bertha track-- I distinctly remember that was forecast to go over MTP and went over JFK instead (and that was within 12 hours.) JFK to Bridgeport actually.

Bertha was another SE NC landfall and it was a rapidly weakening TS by the time it got here so not sure how relevant it is. It never made it back over water until it went NE of BOS.(unless you want to count LI sound very briefly)

Bertha was another SE NC landfall and it was a rapidly weakening TS by the time it got here so not sure how relevant it is. It never made it back over water until it went NE of BOS.(unless you want to count LI sound very briefly)

Will, what kind of track would cause the most damage for the majority of the reason? Not talking about specific areas, but generally, for the whole area?

tell me more about the 1944 hurricane?

"HPC: AT THIS TIME THIS HAS ALL THE LOOK OF A VERY DEEP DANGEROUS HURRICANE WITH TRACK AND POSSIBLE INTENSITY TO THAT OF THE GREAT HURRICANE OF 1944."

Raked the area with a huge storm surge from NJ all the way to NE. That storm proved you dont need an eye tracking to your west to get a big storm surge.

boring part of these things is there's not much to examine...watch a model run...check the satellite/recon etc...then wait

in the winter there's so many aspects to look at it.

We're also far enough out that we cannot really get into the meaty details like surge/wind/rain amounts...we are sort of left in limbo speculating on where it makes landfall in SNE if it even does at all. At the moment I'd probably favor the consensus over LI and into interior SNE as that is what the Euro ensemble was despite the OP run being west. But 132 hours is an eternity.

Archived