e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hurricane Irene

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a classic SNE pattern at 500mb, though. Weird, but I guess the sample size isn't all that great. Still would be cautious imo.

Yeah...it's almost like a Gloria type of track (a bit east) at a much, much lower speed.

Again no one should forecast a SNE cane that moves up the jersey shore at 15 mph

Obviously the GFS would absolutely crush boston if the 12z verified but based on the distribution of precip and wind it seems to look like it's becoming extratropical which isn't surprising at our latitude. Where do the mets thnk this starts going extratropical, Delmarva? or further north?

We're well above average for Aug. precip already, with more likely coming Thursday along with the frontal passage, and then this:

A storm moving on that track at 15-20 mph we would see devastating flooding in western New England. The impacts would be the worst since 1955.

You can probably double the GFS totals for a tropical system on that track... maximizing orographic lift and just crawling north.

What we all wouldn't give for this triple XXX run to verify.. I might give up a major winter storm or 2 for it

I think some would be disappointed with the winds in the GFS track/speed. I think the storm would start winding down pretty quickly with such slow movement and the lack of any solid baroclinic enhancement.

A storm moving on that track at 15-20 mph we would see devastating flooding in western New England. The impacts would be the worst since 1955.

You can probably double the GFS totals for a tropical system on that track... maximizing orographic lift and just crawling north.

I got weenies for mentioning 1955 last week by two mets, that would be incredible considering how much as been built up since then in those flood areas.

I got weenies for mentioning 1955 last week by two mets, that would be incredible considering how much as been built up since then in those flood areas.

Well 1955 will never happen again with the flood control that is in place. The most vulnerable rivers won't flood anywhere near like they did in 55.

If that does happen, do I stay in MHT for biblical rains or go to HYA for wind?? Hmmmm

I think some would be disappointed with the winds in the GFS track/speed. I think the storm would start winding down pretty quickly with such slow movement and the lack of any solid baroclinic enhancement.

I think you're overplaying that too much. There would be cane force gusts over just about all of SNE and even CNE for that matter if the GFS verified verbatim

Archived