EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Irene

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sucker could race north at 40mph through the CT River Valley, while a Cat1, and I'd still probably only get a 25kt gust up here. Therefore I'm hoping the track stays just to my east so that I can get in on the 5"+ rains. Although the possibility of Kevin losing power for a few days would be enticing.

:lol:

I think it'd be hard for a Cat. 1 or 2 to be a big deal up here wind-wise. Maybe for you if it came up more through the South Shore? Not sure.

Without a lot of forward speed, inland areas will definitely be harder pressed to see big winds.

Dude, have you ever seen 95 mph wind gusts.....

Jesus, you don't want any higher than that.

I've seen 80 mph (March 2010) and that was MORE THAN ENOUGH for me, with all the electrical sparklers around. I want the heaviest rains, someone else can keep the winds and power outages and electrical shorts LOL

Dude, have you ever seen 95 mph wind gusts.....

Jesus, you don't want any higher than that.

Yeah, that'd surpass '08 ice storm damage for sure...but a few 60-65 mph gusts would be pretty nice. I'm focusing more on the flooding aspect than the wind aspect up here of course.

Fine by me.....let the s coast get decimated and I'll take some 70 mph gusts, along with 5" of rain.

I mean, I'd doubt inland would see even 70mph with this forward speed...probably mostly TS force gusts. Maybe the hill tops could gust near hurricane strength.

Yeah, that'd surpass '08 ice storm damage for sure...but a few 60-65 mph gusts would be pretty nice. I'm focusing more on the flooding aspect than the wind aspect up here of course.

I'm all set with a 1938 storm imby....don't forget, I'm not used to much wind at all, so some 70 mph gusts coupled with heavy rain, and I'm like a kid in a candy store.....a LITE candy store (most of the time, anyway).

Archived