• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Thunderstorms galore next 5 days

Damage In Tolland

This is an interesting time of year here for such an event given the high SSTs. We can actually advect high dews north and not worry about a 10c inversion below 925mb lol.

it's definitely interesting to look at.

just straight looking at the maps it almost makes my brain fast forward to the cool season - looks more like something we'd see 4 months from now with those crazy low level wind fields.

has some stuff going for it. who knows.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's definitely interesting to look at.

just straight looking at the maps it almost makes my brain fast forward to the cool season - looks more like something we'd see 4 months from now with those crazy low level wind fields.

has some stuff going for it. who knows.

It's definitely very unusual for mid August. So who knows. If we can speed up the timing and not deal with tons of low clouds and crap we could rock.

Getting a nice eastward push now about to enter western CT..Prob make it to HFD and die out again

I don't know if it makes it that far. Western Litchfield and Fairfield Counties will probably get a decent storm.

Our clouds from 10a-2p really screwed us today. Either way I didn't expect much here in the valley... with a southerly flow and no trigger everything is terrain driven.

CT with the shutout today. I thought we'd see some storms in CT and RI..

Let's hope Sunday rips

IDK man these things are hitting a pretty unstable environment and they're blowing up pretty nicely out there in E NY. Come over to the Torrington area and watch 'em rip, they'll die before they hit Tolland.

On another note, I'm moving back to Storrs tomorrow, I'll be in your 'hood.

I don't know if it makes it that far. Western Litchfield and Fairfield Counties will probably get a decent storm.

Our clouds from 10a-2p really screwed us today. Either way I didn't expect much here in the valley... with a southerly flow and no trigger everything is terrain driven.

Yeah but you figure this time of yr with warm SST..south winds won't screw us. I'd bet they hold together to near HFD

surprised there aren't more W CT posters in here right now, healthy looking line.

Judging by the radar loop, I'm expecting the good stuff to weaken before it hits here. It's been taking its sweet time moving through ENY. They're having all the fun.

Hope to at least hear some decent thunder, if nothing else...

Archived