Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Thunderstorms galore next 5 days

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't notice any gravity wave clouds, but I don't know how it went from a cell in nrn RI to a line of storms moving ne. I did mention this morning that we had a s/w to the south and we could see storms form in places we didn't think, so there ya go I guess. At least I had VCTS in my BOS TAF this morning..lol.

Yep, the visible showed them when I posted, definite lines of gravity type wave formation, cool stuff.

Phil...I said it earlier...but congrats bro!!You were always a met to me anyways...lol.

Yup... even pre-red tag he was a better poster than many red taggers on here.

thanks. i really appreciate that. haven't had much time to post the last week or so but outside of that deluge the other day don't think i missed all *that* much. found that twitter is a good way to get info when i can't be on here - scooter: did you set up an acct yet?

hvy hvy swampazz down here today. august water temps and S flow FTL. MOS coming in like 4-5F too low on dews here. awful.

thanks. i really appreciate that. haven't had much time to post the last week or so but outside of that deluge the other day don't think i missed all *that* much. found that twitter is a good way to get info when i can't be on here - scooter: did you set up an acct yet?

hvy hvy swampazz down here today. august water temps and S flow FTL. MOS coming in like 4-5F too low on dews here. awful.

I will...just have been lazy. Think I'll do a blog too.

Not a bad METAR

KBOS 191954Z 00000KT 2 1/2SM R04R/5000VP6000FT +TSRA BKN038CB BKN055 OVC070 22/17 A2990 RMK AO2 PK WND 24036/1925 WSHFT 1918 VIS 1 1/4 E TSB21RAB27 SLP124 LTGICCG ALQDS CBOHD MOV NE P0003 T02220167

Hopefully Sunday speeds up a bit. Maybe it's the type of situation where a squall like rips through NY State, but we may see continued development overnight as models seem bullish with QPF. The trough continues to sharpen as the dynamics kick in overnight. Even a somewhat baggy look on the isobars near 00z over BGM area.

Hopefully Sunday speeds up a bit. Maybe it's the type of situation where a squall like rips through NY State, but we may see continued development overnight as models seem bullish with QPF. The trough continues to sharpen as the dynamics kick in overnight. Even a somewhat baggy look on the isobars near 00z over BGM area.

was just going to post that.

pretty impressive amount of wind/shear available there. NAM LLJ is ridiculous.

maybe we'll just get one of those dixie ally wintertime low cape/high shear nighttime tor outbreaks :lol:

maybe we'll just get one of those dixie ally wintertime low cape/high shear nighttime tor outbreaks :lol:

This is an interesting time of year here for such an event given the high SSTs. We can actually advect high dews north and not worry about a 10c inversion below 925mb lol.

I can't think of a good analogous storm to Sunday, but yeah you don't have 10C SST's like you do when we have something similar like this in May.

Archived