amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82 warm and sunny, great way to end August, ensuring another above normal month, and an above normal summer. Looks like September is another sizzler......in the contest thread its 99% torch calls.

High today ended up being 74.8. Guess we get to chalk up two days in the month that hit 80*. Not to shabby in the scheme of things. Here's to no more 80's until next June.

82 warm and sunny, great way to end August, ensuring another above normal month, and an above normal summer. Looks like September is another sizzler......in the contest thread its 99% torch calls.

NNE sites mostly a bit above normal (numbers may be off a tenth or two):

CAR...+1.5

BGR...+0.6

PWM...-0.2

CON...+0.7

MBY will finsih about 0.3 under my average, with data only back thru 1998. If I had 1981-2010 data for comparison, I'm sure I'd be above that 30-yr mean, as there were some mighty cool Augusts (1982, especially) in the '80s. I've also had very little temp variety (high 82, low 43) with HDD and CDD totaling under 90, pending today. Probably 20 days fell within 3F of my monthly avg of 64.00, none with a mean over 70 and only one under 58.

LOL , are you trying to unseat Blizz as Chief Spinmeister? Another sizzler? Like MPM I hit 80 TWICE !!! August highs as follows:

70's = 20 days

60's = 9 days

80's = 2 days

We also had 7 nights with lows in the 40's (43 was the lowest). Hardly the sizzlicious month you promised. Now you say September will be another sizzler. C'mon Joe, that's like saying the jets are the best team in football.lol

LOL , are you trying to unseat Blizz as Chief Spinmeister? Another sizzler? Like MPM I hit 80 TWICE !!! August highs as follows:

70's = 20 days

60's = 9 days

80's = 2 days

We also had 7 nights with lows in the 40's (43 was the lowest). Hardly the sizzlicious month you promised. Now you say September will be another sizzler. C'mon Joe, that's like saying the jets are the best team in football.lol

No spin just facts Pete, if you wish not to believe the NWS thats not my problem, and yes I believe the Jets are one of the best teams in the NFL.

For the month through yesterday and todays departure.........

BOS +1.8 today +2

PVD +0.9 today +1

ORH +0.6 today +2

BDR +1.4 today +1

All sites above normal for the month of August, not a torch, but above normal, and yes I think September is above normal, hope all is well.

70's = 20 days

60's = 9 days

80's = 2 days

I only got 7 days in the 60's. I had a three others that fell short of 71.

Joe, (or others), what signals are showing a warm September?

Fiirst week or two scream warm overnight lows to me, lots of tropical action and a weak trending to possibly moderate nina, which tend to have warm autumns I believe. Just a feeling, will tip phil scooter ryan and the rest of the pros would be the ones to ask.

Joe, (or others), what signals are showing a warm September?

Pastelok from the AW site. My take on it is Sept. and Oct. are above and once we get into Nov, we go below.

We said it would be warm in the East, but not as warm as last year. That was correct. We also mention about the tropical season with a late summer hit on the Southeast. The West coast was cool, but cooler than I thought because of the first half of the season's strong jet stream.

Well enough with the past, the video shows more about the Fall season. Some points.....

1. Chillier air masses will arrive during the last half of September in the northern Rockies and interior Northwest to start the snow season in the northern Rockies.

2. Another hit or two on the U.S mainly through late September, one possibly on the Southeast coast again and another in Texas (could be sooner than you think!).

3. Warm and drier surge in October could reach the Ohio Valley, which is good news for the harvest season.

4. The Southeast may be near to below normal this fall, but slowly drying out by the middle or late part of the season.

5. The Northeast will start out wet but will see its share of nice days in the middle of the season. Look for some chilly air masses too into November, especially toward the holidays.

6. Fronts will become more and more numerous arriving the Northwest and traveling into the northern Plains. It will be above normal and cool, but they may not be as harsh as last year.

Fiirst week or two scream warm overnight lows to me, lots of tropical action and a weak trending to possibly moderate nina, which tend to have warm autumns I believe. Just a feeling, will tip phil scooter ryan and the rest of the pros would be the ones to ask.

That makes sense. I think they would concur. I would take a warm fall in exchange for a stormy winter

Pastelok from the AW site. My take on it is Sept. and Oct. are above and once we get into Nov, we go below.

We said it would be warm in the East, but not as warm as last year. That was correct. We also mention about the tropical season with a late summer hit on the Southeast. The West coast was cool, but cooler than I thought because of the first half of the season's strong jet stream.

Well enough with the past, the video shows more about the Fall season. Some points.....

1. Chillier air masses will arrive during the last half of September in the northern Rockies and interior Northwest to start the snow season in the northern Rockies.

2. Another hit or two on the U.S mainly through late September, one possibly on the Southeast coast again and another in Texas (could be sooner than you think!).

3. Warm and drier surge in October could reach the Ohio Valley, which is good news for the harvest season.

4. The Southeast may be near to below normal this fall, but slowly drying out by the middle or late part of the season.

5. The Northeast will start out wet but will see its share of nice days in the middle of the season. Look for some chilly air masses too into November, especially toward the holidays.

6. Fronts will become more and more numerous arriving the Northwest and traveling into the northern Plains. It will be above normal and cool, but they may not be as harsh as last year.

Wow, really going out on a limb there. In other news the sun will continue to rise and set.lol I hope you didn't suffer any ill effects from the recent stormy weather Scoob.

Wow, really going out on a limb there. In other news the sun will continue to rise and set.lol I hope you didn't suffer any ill effects from the recent stormy weather Scoob.

Yeah looks like a "normal" autumn with no spectacular departures either way at least according to this guy. No problems here MRG other than a few branches down and no power loss anywhere in the lower valley.

Archived