• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

Is that the course on the mass ct border? Julie has just started back at school and tutoring, so it might be a little dicey, but I would love to come up for the day, I love playing at peak foilage its awesome, let me check about next week, what day were you thinking? I want to, still have not played this year :thumbsdown:

Yes, Cheetah says it's schweet. Friday AM? We'll take it to PM's now.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nasty things are still bad here. I went outside a little while ago to pick a couple squash and they swarmed me. We need frost, but probably at least three weeks away yet here.

I wonder if that stuff a bit to my west dries up before getting here.This has been the summer of the mosquito. Thank the fook it is September now. The palpable decrease in sunlight it enticing.

I wonder if that stuff a bit to my west dries up before getting here.This has been the summer of the mosquito. Thank the fook it is September now. The palpable decrease in sunlight it enticing.

My wife and I were commenting how mosquito-free this year was. The black flys early on were really bad, but the mosquitos were very conspicuous by their absence. The night before last, we suddenly had some and we were shocked. They must have been a gift from Irene.

Menahwile, looks like a couple uncomfortable days on tap. I'm hoping I can stave off the 80's that are currently forecast. We've kept that furnace milestone at bay since August 7--would be a shame to interupt that run. Then, looks like we get stuck in the 60's after that. Won't be long before we start having forecasted temps keeping us in the 50's. :thumbsup:

54.7/53

My wife and I were commenting how mosquito-free this year was. The black flys early on were really bad, but the mosquitos were very conspicuous by their absence. The night before last, we suddenly had some and we were shocked. They must have been a gift from Irene.

Menahwile, looks like a couple uncomfortable days on tap. I'm hoping I can stave off the 80's that are currently forecast. We've kept that furnace milestone at bay since August 7--would be a shame to interupt that run. Then, looks like we get stuck in the 60's after that. Won't be long before we start having forecasted temps keeping us in the 50's. :thumbsup:

54.7/53

Like I said weeks ago, a last gasp of hhh weather around Labor Day/US Open. Though I admit I thought it would be worse than what is currently forecast. After the weekend it looks like those calling for September to be a barn burner are in trouble right out of the gate. Sunny and mid 60's =Torch phail.....again.

Labor Day: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 66.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 66.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

I covered the central air unit outside before Irene's deluges. I'm not uncovering it at this point so I"ll just put up with a few muggy days. The end is near.... 56 this morning despite this being a "warmer" airmass.....

54.7/53

Ummmmm--I bet if we polled the group, many (most?) would claim the weekend begins on Friday. I see that KCTTOLA8 is coming in at 80.7. If it were that here, I'd be calling torch, too.

But, whatever.

71.2/60

Well most of us are working today not staining our decks in hooded sweatshirts and long pants in summer weather

Ummmmm--I bet if we polled the group, many (most?) would claim the weekend begins on Friday. I see that KCTTOLA8 is coming in at 80.7. If it were that here, I'd be calling torch, too.

But, whatever.

71.2/60

An 81 high in Tolland even if at a 1000ft would be about a +4 since BDL is still sitting at 80 for the normal high. Not really much of a torch.

An 81 high in Tolland even if at a 1000ft would be about a +4 since BDL is still sitting at 80 for the normal high. Not really much of a torch.

I suspect that I will avoid 80* on at least one of the next two days. If I miss on both, it may mean the last 80* day of 2011 occurred on August 7th.

71.2/61

I suspect that I will avoid 80* on at least one of the next two days. If I miss on both, it may mean the last 80* day of 2011 occurred on August 7th.

71.2/61

Lucky you. A weekend of 80s in store for me. I don't mind it this time of year though since it could be the last one (though I doubt these 80 degree days will be the last for us) for eight or nine months. I'd like to break below 60 one of these mornings though.

Lucky you. A weekend of 80s in store for me. I don't mind it this time of year though since it could be the last one (though I doubt these 80 degree days will be the last for us) for eight or nine months. I'd like to break below 60 one of these mornings though.

Ouch! And I thought I had it bad by my lack of radiational cooling. I'm a warm spot and got 50's 17 times in the last 30 days.

Ouch! And I thought I had it bad by my lack of radiational cooling. I'm a warm spot and got 50's 17 times in the last 30 days.

Sitting next to 65-70 degree water probably doesn't help the cause, not to mention being in what some call the concrete jungle of lower Fairfield County. It'll be snowing at ski MRG's house before we even get our first frost.

Cheers, I though you got flooded, yard looks fine?

what yard, i see a fence and shrubs ? this is my yard, was perfection last week now brown and dead thanks too salt. The only thing that survived was clover, watering the hell out of it to decrease the amount of sodium, then verticut and seed next week, in three weeks good as new

what yard, i see a fence and shrubs ? this is my yard, was perfection last week now brown and dead thanks too salt. The only thing that survived was clover, watering the hell out of it to decrease the amount of sodium, then verticut and seed next week, in three weeks good as new

It's a good thing you know what you're doing! Take some before/after pics for the lawn thread.

68.8/60

The one thing you want to die the weeds...and only they survive. Crazy how that works

Archived