• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

I dunno why they couldn't have just left the old page there also for those that liked the simplicity of it.

I used various sites in the 90's as things were really progressing fast and more and more data becoming available. Then around 10 years ago I

guess that NCEP page came out and I have used that most of the time ever since. So I'm set in my ways now.

I was thinking the same thing as you were typing that, Rick. Once Scott referenced the GFS, I went over there and was thinking how many more steps it take to get what you want to see. There are some elements of it that I do like though--most notably the ability to loop the time periods. That saves a lot of time. Once you get your parameters set, that is.

70.8/64

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just speaking with one of the folks at the "home office" in Cedar Rapids and we started talking about the flooding from Irene. As it turned out she had 3.5' of water on her first floor from the flooding in CR a couple years back. I asked her where she lived and she replied:

"Do you know where 'The Flying Weenie' is?"

Apparently it's a restaurant in beautiful CR. Maybe they should move next year's conference to Cedar Rapids!

http://www.theflyingwienie.com/

72.6/65

Just made a fairly substantial business deal with a fellow landscaper. We have joined forces and contracts for plowing in the winter, now the question is do we get paid by storm or write up contracts.........those that had contracts got crushed last winter, those that get paid per storm made thousands. Pete, is it going to snow a lot this winter?:lmao::bike:

Just made a fairly substantial business deal with a fellow landscaper. We have joined forces and contracts for plowing in the winter, now the question is do we get paid by storm or write up contracts.........those that had contracts got crushed last winter, those that get paid per storm made thousands. Pete, is it going to snow a lot this winter?:lmao::bike:

Id always go by storm. With greater risk comes greater reward. But what do I know?, Pete always says I'm just a dumb 20 something :)

Id always go by storm. With greater risk comes greater reward. But what do I know?, Pete always says I'm just a dumb 20 something :)

I agree I do as well, this winter does not look horrible, but then again I have seen guys tank down here like 07-08 when we basically go one storm. Tough decision!

Easy. Go with the aw of averages: Go Big Time with contracts in Fairfield County. You won't get a lot of snow. Meanwhile, everyone has last year's once-in-a-lifetime experience fresh in their minds and you can get them on for top dollar.

Easy. Go with the aw of averages: Go Big Time with contracts in Fairfield County. You won't get a lot of snow. Meanwhile, everyone has last year's once-in-a-lifetime experience fresh in their minds and you can get them on for top dollar.

Thinking im going to leave it up to the customer and use a selling point just like that Mike. A nice mix of both would be ideal.

Flood advisory up for western Franklin for the storm tracking along the VT border. Just what we need.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...

NORTH CENTRAL FRANKLIN COUNTY IN WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS...

* UNTIL 645 PM EDT

* AT 343 PM EDT...A THUNDERSTORM WITH VERY HEAVY RAINFALL WAS NEAR

MONROE...MOVING EAST AT 5 MPH.

THIS THUNDERSTORM WILL MOVE VERY SLOWLY ACROSS MONROE...ROWE...

HEATH...COLRAIN...LEYDEN AND GREENFIELD OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF

HOURS. THIS STORM MAY PRODUCE UP TO 2 INCHES OF RAINFALL IN AN HOUR.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE ELEVATED LEVELS ON

SMALL CREEKS AND STREAMS...AND PONDING OF WATER ON COUNTRY ROADS AND

FARMLAND ALONG THE BANKS OF CREEKS AND STREAMS.

It depends also on the criteria for plowing. Some people specify 2 inches, 3 inches, 6 inches even around here. A lot more nuisance 2 and 3 inch deals down there than real big ones in some winters.

Thinking im going to leave it up to the customer and use a selling point just like that Mike. A nice mix of both would be ideal.

70 with showers out here now.

Radar estimating a fresh 2-5" of liquid in the Killington, VT area in the past few hours. That cell just sat there and dumped water. That area of Rutland County got annihilated during Irene... I'm sure another 3-4" this afternoon is just what they wanted.

WINDSOR VT-RUTLAND VT-

417 PM EDT THU SEP 1 2011

...A FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM EDT FOR

NORTHEASTERN RUTLAND AND CENTRAL WINDSOR COUNTIES...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAINFALL

LIKELY PRODUCING FLASH FLOODING. ESTIMATES OF BETWEEN 2 AND 5

INCHES OF RAINFALL HAS FALLEN IN THE HEADWATERS OF THE COLD

RIVER...AND IN THE DRAINAGES OF SARGENT BROOK AND MENDON BROOK.

WHILE THIS IS A RELATIVELY SMALL AREA...THESE DRAINAGES WILL SEE

RAPID RISES AND QUICKLY LEAVE THEIR BANKS. CULVERTS...BRIDGES...AND

ROADSIDE DITCHES WILL BE OVERWHELMED BY WATER. ROAD AND LOOSE FILL

WASHOUTS FROM RECENT ROAD REPAIRS ARE POSSIBLE.

LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO NORTH

CLARENDON AND JUST EAST OF THE CITY OF RUTLAND.

Radar estimating a fresh 2-5" of liquid in the Killington, VT area in the past few hours. That cell just sat there and dumped water. That area of Rutland County got annihilated during Irene... I'm sure another 3-4" this afternoon is just what they wanted.

WINDSOR VT-RUTLAND VT-

417 PM EDT THU SEP 1 2011

...A FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM EDT FOR

NORTHEASTERN RUTLAND AND CENTRAL WINDSOR COUNTIES...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAINFALL

LIKELY PRODUCING FLASH FLOODING. ESTIMATES OF BETWEEN 2 AND 5

INCHES OF RAINFALL HAS FALLEN IN THE HEADWATERS OF THE COLD

RIVER...AND IN THE DRAINAGES OF SARGENT BROOK AND MENDON BROOK.

WHILE THIS IS A RELATIVELY SMALL AREA...THESE DRAINAGES WILL SEE

RAPID RISES AND QUICKLY LEAVE THEIR BANKS. CULVERTS...BRIDGES...AND

ROADSIDE DITCHES WILL BE OVERWHELMED BY WATER. ROAD AND LOOSE FILL

WASHOUTS FROM RECENT ROAD REPAIRS ARE POSSIBLE.

LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO NORTH

CLARENDON AND JUST EAST OF THE CITY OF RUTLAND.

Yeah--the cell in mby is moving like a snail that took codeine.

Your schtick is old brother. Its freezing with low dews, time to go put some long johns on, first snow tomorrow on the east slope.:guitar::P

Gonna be a warm last unofficial weekend of summer. Low-80s with a bit of humidity, though nothing brutal or torch-like. We still have about seven weeks before the first frost, and a couple of months before the first freeze. Plenty of warm and pleasant weather still to come.

Your schtick is old brother. Its freezing with low dews, time to go put some long johns on, first snow tomorrow on the east slope.:guitar::P

What schtick? Currently 65/61 after a high of 74, 2 of the last 3 nights into the 40's. You keep saying sizzlicious for me yet I haven't seen an 80 degree temp since early August. If it gets hot here I'll admit it but the truth of the matter is it's been tepid at best. I know it's hard for you to imagine since you live on the surface of the sun.

What schtick? Currently 65/61 after a high of 74, 2 of the last 3 nights into the 40's. You keep saying sizzlicious for me yet I haven't seen an 80 degree temp since early August. If it gets hot here I'll admit it but the truth of the matter is it's been tepid at best. I know it's hard for you to imagine since you live on the surface of the sun.

For you? I have? I have given you facts from the NWS that said August was above normal at every major sne climo site. I have no idea what your norms are nor do I care. Anyhoo, the facts speak for themselves, I am done with this argument its become boring time to move onto Fall foilage :thumbsup:

For you? I have? I have given you facts from the NWS that said August was above normal at every major sne climo site. I have no idea what your norms are nor do I care.

72/65 Wow, slow moving soaker cell. Just what we needed. That thing has been stalled over W. County forever. Flood Warnings up again.

Just showers here atm.

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I've seen this post...

For you? I have? I have given you facts from the NWS that said August was above normal at every major sne climo site. I have no idea what your norms are nor do I care. Anyhoo, the facts speak for themselves, I am done with this argument its become boring time to move onto Fall foilage :thumbsup:

It's already underway here. I'm sure MPM will be happy to verify a noticeable change in the foliage for independent confirmation. Could you get free one afternoon late next week for golf at The Ranch?

It's already underway here. I'm sure MPM will be happy to verify a noticeable change in the foliage for independent confirmation. Could you get free one afternoon late next week for golf at The Ranch?

Is that the course on the mass ct border? Julie has just started back at school and tutoring, so it might be a little dicey, but I would love to come up for the day, I love playing at peak foilage its awesome, let me check about next week, what day were you thinking? I want to, still have not played this year :thumbsdown:

Archived