northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get all this vitriol over such mundane matters. A lot of stuff happens in people's lives and worldwide to justify anger, but this stuff is silly. :rolleyes: I'm sure Nate can forgive Pete for building McMansions at 2k feet in the wilderness and Pete can forgive Nate for contemplating the extermination of raccoons. :thumbsup: They're nasty animals anyway...wiped out about 10 of my chickens one night.

As entertaining as this thread has been, the argument between skiMRG and Nate should probably be taken to PMs. Oh well, I guess this is the miscellaneous thread..carry on! :popcorn:

The fun season has begun. :) Hurricanes to track, declining sun angle, westerlies dipping more south with early shots of Autumnal air, but also lots of beautiful pristine mild/warm days and nippy nights upcoming for awhile. Then it goes boring usually in October, first few killing frosts not withstanding, until the first snows in November for most. Definitely my favorite time beginning now.

I just looked out my window and noticed my neighbor's tree the leaves are starting to change colors. Summer...over. axesmiley.png

The fun season has begun. :) Hurricanes to track, declining sun angle, westerlies dipping more south with early shots of Autumnal air, but also lots of beautiful pristine mild/warm days and nippy nights upcoming for awhile. Then it goes boring usually in October, first few killing frosts not withstanding, until the first snows in November for most. Definitely my favorite time beginning now.

Yup

But I love October... sometimes we get big windy rainstorms... but even if boring, I love crisp nights near freezing, raking,etc

Ski swaps...cider...apple picking...longer nights...bugs dying

74 here is a below normal high according to Snowman21's calculations.

Not to get into this silly back and forth for the umpteenth time, but those calculations were based on well sited representative stations. Even Peru MA at 1900 feet and further north reached a high of 76 today off of a morning low of 61.

Not to get into this silly back and forth for the umpteenth time, but those calculations were based on well sited representative stations. Even Peru MA at 1900 feet and further north reached a high of 76 today off of a morning low of 61.

Peru is due west of here about 6 miles. Chester Hill south of here notched a 75 degree high. I was in Peru, Hinsdale, and Worthington today all had temps in the mid 70's for highs. Below the highs you deem representative for normal.

Peru is due west of here about 6 miles. Chester Hill south of here notched a 75 degree high. I was in Peru, Hinsdale, and Worthington today all had temps in the mid 70's for highs. Below the highs you deem representative for normal.

It's not due west. It's northwest, so at a greater latitude than you hence my comment, never mind the huge elevation difference. Peru MA 42.44N, West Chesterfield MA 42.40N.

It's not due west. It's northwest, so at a greater latitude than you hence my comment, never mind the huge elevation difference. Peru MA 42.44N, West Chesterfield MA 42.40N.

LOL, I live in the NW corner of Chesterfield. Peru is due West of me as you can see on the map. I drive through Peru at least twice a day. Our towns are not pinpoints on a map, they each cover many square miles. You haven't a clue about the lay of the land here.

56/54, breezy, looks like another day in the low 70's, nice crisp 40's tonight. Summer grows weak and is losing its grip. Pretty nice for a month that was supposed to sizzle.

Had to put a sweatshirt on down here on the water, just caught first fish, small largemouth, humidity way down, sun rising over the lake, coffee, ah....

TD now in the 50's. utside feels nice and crisp now after last evenings torrid TD's at my locale. TT 60F/TD 57F wind west north west at 10mph.

ahh.. some small touches of color on the smaller tree's and ragweed peaking. Nice.

It is just about perfect for August today. That manky mugginess has gone!

60.5/55 here

Crisp is the word

A low of 54 and party sunny, windy and 62 at 11:00 AM. It feels like Autumn out there. 40's tonight....

I was gonna take the niece and nephew out to Glimmerglass State Beach on Lake Otsego tomorrow, but too cold :snowman: ...gonna push it back to Wednesday when it should be into the mid/upper 70's.

It is just about perfect for August today. That manky mugginess has gone!

60.5/55 here

Crisp is the word

Awesome. Maybe you can start a "how many days of 70s will you see" thread :P

I might have to close windows at sunset.

My daughter insisted on swimming today. The pool was warmer than the air.:pepsi:

That's great.

No one seems to want to go out on a limb with their by predictions, I was sure Pete would have been right in there with a 0 and Joe chiming in with a 9+/

Archived