Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Summer's Swan Song

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily top 5 summer day here, not a cloud all day long, great visibility, warm sea temps, only downer was all the mazzholes at the beach today, nothing but mass plates at the vacation homes at the beach, why cant they just go to the cape?:P (I just hate all the redsox gear, I saw like 20 sox hats on the beach today)

I was marveling at whole hillsides of distressed trees earlier today on my way to the dump. There must be a wide-spread fungal or insect infestation in God's country.

70.6/68

So funny that its already underway and yet the flatlanders think we're making it up. Another nice day.

Another stunning day in Bar Harbor. Sunny and upper 70's had locals complaining it was hot. lol.

I joked with my wife that her recycling career brought us to Greenfield maybe next she could try for Down East Maine. Despite the reduced snowfall totals on the coast the beauty makes up for it.

Hey, Chris. Sounds like you're having a good time. I'm pretty sure the coast there does better than the upper valley. We did very well when I lived in the Mid-Coast. Of course, spring in coastal Maine sucks big time. I shudder at the thought. lol

When do you come back?

71.3/68

88 here for the high and presently reading 84 here. I;ve just got to get up to Shelburne where you say it's 70 to cool off. Under ur sig it says 80 but that must be the Greenfield reading.

I think my reading is aqw--I dont' t think we can put our home stations in there (though maybe they've changed it). But, I guess I get the lowest reading in SNE attm. Also, it's pretty clear to see when the shower came through on the graphs.

I have made a promise to myself to live each day as if it were vacation. Work hard m-f and play hard on the weekend, life is too short. Just finished sauteing some PEI mussels in olive oil butter garlic and rosemary, next is crabcakes and stuffed clams. YUM

I think you're missing the joke. Enjoy the mussells.

71.3/66

67/58, a high of 77, what a beautiful day. We averted another possible 80 degree day here, just can't seem to take part in this historic torch.lol You were right this morning about the zfp running a tad warm. Just got home from a bbq. It was nice to play lawn games in the full sun and not break a sweat. If it has to be Summer, this is how it should be.

I have made a promise to myself to live each day as if it were vacation. Work hard m-f and play hard on the weekend, life is too short. Just finished sauteing some PEI mussels in olive oil butter garlic and rosemary, next is crabcakes and stuffed clams. YUM

That's my basic strategy, enjoy the days you've got because they aren't infinite. Glad you're having a roasty toasty August Joe. We're both getting the weather we want at this time of year. Me with the 70's and you with 110's.lol

82 was the high here

Maybe we can get a third day in a row Sunday...then bring on autumn...

Our birch trees are not stressed by started changing at least a week ago. And dropping leaves.

Autumn is waiting in the wings Dave. People can say what they want but there is a noticeable change underway glad you and Mike have noted it as well. Check out the nice forecast. Not saying it will happen but Tuesday night looks like a few 30's could pop up in the normally colder spots around here. Not saying it will happen, but at this time of year when mid 40's are forecast I take note. Glad we're having this weather and not the hot August some promised. Based on the numbers Snowman21 made up for W.Chesterfield's average it looks like the whole week is AOB normal. Nice.

Sunday: A chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 11am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Low around 59. South wind at 6 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Monday: A chance of showers, mainly before 7am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 72. West wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Northwest wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Lol. We didn't get any 40s for my pnc, but low 50s could wind up being my first upper 40s since early July I think

Anyway, the calendar move a day at a time. Fall will arrive and winter soon thereafter.

In the meantime enjoy family, friends, and summer's waning days

About to open a good bottle of wine and play some Wii

Lol. We didn't get any 40s for my pnc, but low 50s could wind up being my first upper 40s since early July I think

Anyway, the calendar move a day at a time. Fall will arrive and winter soon thereafter.

In the meantime enjoy family, friends, and summer's waning days

About to open a good bottle of wine and play some Wii

I have them in both the pnc and zfp. Nice to see, but dollars to donuts (what the hell does that mean?) it won't play out for mby.

69.9/62

So what site do you use for your high/lows? You don't keep track for your back yard do you?

I have my own set up here but don't keep track of hi/lo consistently (year in year out). I have been keeping track lately and typically through the cold weather months I do as that is when my interest in the weather is the most acute. Chester Hill though a bit south of here seems to run the closest on afternoon highs and Shaw Pond tends to sync up closely on lows. Ashfield was the best though. I liked it for the archived temps as well. I have a client I built a house for that is at 2k and we installed a very nice Merlin system there. I often check on the house during the off season and always make a point to checkout the peak wind gust, currently 88 mph holds the record at that site. It's right at the summit and totally exposed.

Autumn is waiting in the wings Dave. People can say what they want but there is a noticeable change underway glad you and Mike have noted it as well. Check out the nice forecast. Not saying it will happen but Tuesday night looks like a few 30's could pop up in the normally colder spots around here. Not saying it will happen, but at this time of year when mid 40's are forecast I take note. Glad we're having this weather and not the hot August some promised. Based on the numbers Snowman21 made up for W.Chesterfield's average it looks like the whole week is AOB normal. Nice.

Sunday: A chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 11am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday Night: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 3am. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds, and heavy rain. Low around 59. South wind at 6 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Monday: A chance of showers, mainly before 7am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 72. West wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Northwest wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

Looks pretty average to me.....I thought your dailies were like 75/55 at this point? Today's warmth and tomorrow's warmth make up for the cool days on Monday and Tuesday, and 850s rise quickly Wednesday with the flow turning more SWly ahead of another cold front. Those crisp nights in the 40s will feel great, however. I'm going up to my parents' vacation home in the Poconos tomorrow after work, and we both should have some really chilly nights...you're a bit lower in elevation than the 1500' at our second home, but you have more latitude, so we end up with similar temperatures. It's always a relief to get up there after spending most of the summer in the NYC suburbs, as the climate is close to 10F cooler, especially with the radiational cooling you get at 1500' in a protected valley surrounded by higher ridges. I consider that my God's country as I spent my first 17 summers there before I started staying home to work, and I was always biking, swimming, kayaking etc...beautiful up there. I am looking forward to joining you in the hill country of Southern/Central New England, as well. I got a decent offer from the school, and it's on 1700 acres of preserved land with three ponds, pine/birch/sugar maple forest, and very hilly terrain. I'm going to try to run a gardening workshop outside of the 4 Spanish classes I'll teach per day. And I never considered using chemicals on my garden, not sure what you are talking about.

Also, Pete, I want to put the insulting comments to rest. I don't think I can be accused of being lazy and just idly living off my parents. I worked 50 hours a week last year, substitute teaching during the day and working for a restaurant delivering at night; it wasn't as if I sat home while they went to work and supported me. I pay for my own car, a lot of my own food, and do most of the chores and cooking around the house. I'm also done living at home (except for visits during vacations) as my package at this boarding school includes an apartment with all the amenities paid for; it was a temporary arrangement while I looked for a higher-paying job. I am going to be working with special-needs students who want to try a foreign language, and I frequently worked with students with limited English, ADHD, and even Down's Syndrome while I was a substitute....so please don't accuse me of not contributing, try working with kids with learning disabilities for a while and you'll be worn out, too. It's also not your role to judge people's lifestyles; this is supposed to be a weather forum, not a place to criticize posters for their age, living arrangements, income, etc. Your condescending attitude is not appreciated.

Archived