joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential December 12th-13th threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just updated the name to reflect Americanwx. Also made a crappy border.

By the way I like what the GFS ens is selling on that frame that WeatherNC posted. We better watch out though Brick might get excited guitar.gif.

Your name is Jon too? I was wondering who that was...Can you add me to it? My location says RDU because I literally live within miles, so my obs are probably exactly the same as at RDU at any given time..:thumbsup:

hahah good luck! They will probably be like "ok we have a caller from NC...oh wait I think we lost him...ok next caller is from Worcester Mass"..

:thumbsup: and hope to keep the yankee wishcasters throwing all in on SN in there back yard given a OH Valley track...

In all seriousness though, I am not writing this off just yet, at-least on a potential sig impact to sensible weather here, and maybe a chase candidate. Look at the GFS op over the past 4 runs at H2. Note the UL trough axis and what looks to get going on near Newfoundland. Trough goes from positive on the 0z run, to near neutral for the 6 and 12z, back to positive for the 18. Also note the jet and the ridging off of SoCal, underdone on the 0z, and trending stronger in one variant or another since then. This model, at least on the large scale synoptic features lacks continuity at this point, and is in question as to ascertaining any relevant determination given the T-step...

post-382-0-89012000-1291680104.gif

Wife said i could go after one this season, but feel if I can get one early in the season, Dec, that would open the door for another in Feb, same as last year. Need an HPC mod hatch of 12" in the 3 day to pull the trigger, but sled is waxed and ready to go at this early stage.

:bike::snowman:

While a lot of people in this forum is getting disappointed that we don't have a significant winter storm (at a climo. un-favored time of the year), I'll look at the glass half-full and cheer us on another significant rainfall event for late this week/early next week. A couple of these in December along with the one we just had last week would do a good job at taking a dent out of the final rainfall deficit for 2010.

While a lot of people in this forum is getting disappointed that we don't have a significant winter storm (at a climo. un-favored time of the year), I'll look at the glass half-full and cheer us on another significant rainfall event for late this week/early next week. A couple of these in December along with the one we just had last week would do a good job at taking a dent out of the final rainfall deficit for 2010.

That's a good way to look at it for you guys that really need the rain...I hope ya'll get the 4-5" like we got last week.

The reason i'm pissed that we are not getting any winter wx is that I know there's more than a real good chance that this is the end of winter here in the upstate. We get record cold for 2 weeks so that means for our winter to be overall warmer than average, as everyone has predicted, then the next 2 months will be a lot warmer.

I firmly believe now after reading many posts and trying to understand them that here in the upstate of SC and most all of Ga (good old DOWNSLOPE country) the only possible way we are going to get a any winter wx is a freak CAD setup, which by the way hasn't happened in a long time. God I wish we could get some of the 80's snows back!

Don't throw the towel in on winter this early!!! It's only December 6!! I'm with ya on the CAD possibility...man its been awhile.

It's been about 5 yrs :angry: since a good cad. Used to seem like they would occur a couple of times a year, now its like 1 in half a decade

It's been about 5 yrs :angry: since a good cad. Used to seem like they would occur a couple of times a year, now its like 1 in half a decade

I've got a feeling that we'll be straining to see backside flurries the rest of this winter. Did get to see a few Sunday about 4:45am at work or I was sleepwalking...not sure.

Don't forget your pets tonight everyone...stay warm!:thumbsup:

Ok I know the GFS has a tendecy to overdo cold but, Im just utterly stunned at the temps forecasted down into FL at hr 180.:blink:

I believe there's going to be alot of cold temps. records broken with this Arctic outbreak.

Look out peach trees in Florida !

Got down to 19 here last night, calling for 15 tonight , Brrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Well it's technically Jonathan but everyone calls me Jon. Your added.

Same here, same spelling! :thumbsup: Thanks

Also these cold bursts with or without rain can do a great deal in lowering ground temps for storms in the future...a very cold early december means if anything comes mid to late december before this "warming trend" afterwards, we could see some snow stick around on the roads, which leads to some trouble/fun to be had by all. I don't mind the cold because I'm indoors studying for exams, but man is it a chore to get gas!!! :shiver:

Please try to add more to the conversation-disco than smiles, this is becoming an issue and adds nothing but clutter at the expense of your post count. :facepalm: does not yield any relevant information, and yes, there are some-many who come here for such.

See the post below as it was the post before my facepalm, I do add to the discussion, and I used the facepalm for exactly what it was meant for, and I will add facepalms and smileys were I see fit, so stop trolling my posts. :gun_bandana:

The -NAO is not a west based one, so the blocking pattern is E and SE of Greenland, add the absence of a strong low in SE Canada and a flat western US ridge= Lakes Cutter

Archived