amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOS saying Saturday will be the hotter day of the two for LAF. We'll see. Here's the Friday and Saturday high temps from all three.

0z MEX: 90, 91

6z MAV: 90, 94

0z MET: 88, 93

Latest NWS forecast for LAF

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. South southwest wind between 7 and 13 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 70. Southwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 95. West southwest wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 89.

Yeah I think Saturday will be hotter as long as we hold off the clouds/storms long enough. Low levels look a bit warmer with better mixing compared to Friday. Mid to possibly upper 90's if we get enough sun.

Yeah I think Saturday will be hotter as long as we hold off the clouds/storms long enough. Low levels look a bit warmer with better mixing compared to Friday. Mid to possibly upper 90's if we get enough sun.

IND only has 93 for us for Saturday now. Doesn't break my heart...regardless 93, 95, 97, eh it's all hot to me.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 93. Calm wind becoming west between 5 and 8 mph.

Nice troughthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Beauty. Sticks around a few days too per the 12z Euro. La la land though.

Decent lightning show here as we get the sloppy seconds from the storms up north. Sorta like LES for LAF, though we did have a good downpour a little while ago.

It's a whole other world out here on the western end of the state. You'd never know storms are raging to the east. Had crystal clear skies all day as we were fully capped off. Still pretty warm late this evening. Should make it to 95-97 tomorrow with dews making a run at 80. Wouldn't be surprised if we breach the 110 degree mark on the heat index.

I don't want to think about what 91/81 or 95/77 feel like. Those are a couple readings in and around the Des Moines area. 100 degree HIs were difficult to bear in the early June heatwave. This heat "day" will be :yikes::devilsmiley: .

We've had 95/78 before.

It actually wasn't too bad.

Always nice to wake up to thunderstorms. The heaviest have been focused just to our NW this morning, but we've been in and out of "light" t'storms here.

Also poking a little fun at our local TV weather guy, he of course is calling for the hottest summer known, with an average temp of 80.1º for JJA. He also did a precip forecast, calling for 7.53" for JJA for LAF. Through 8AM this morning, 6.66" :devilsmiley: has been recorded since 6/1 at LAF. Better dry out quickly.

Always nice to wake up to thunderstorms. The heaviest have been focused just to our NW this morning, but we've been in and out of "light" t'storms here.

Also poking a little fun at our local TV weather guy, he of course is calling for the hottest summer known, with an average temp of 80.1º for JJA. He also did a precip forecast, calling for 7.53" for JJA for LAF. Through 8AM this morning, 6.66" :devilsmiley: has been recorded since 6/1 at LAF. Better dry out quickly.

Good ole' Chad :) I miss Mike (I think that was his name - his blogs were always great).

Good ole' Chad :) I miss Mike (I think that was his name - his blogs were always great).

Mike Prangley it is. Yeah he was alright, better than Mr Evans no doubt. But it is small market TV. I believe he's in Florida now and still has a blog. I remember finding it after the Groundhog's Day storm where he called for a historic ice storm for the LAF area. Oops. :lol:

Ah yes, here's his blog: http://lotsofbarkandbiteinyourforecast.blogspot.com/

Skilling going with 98º for the high today. So you're saying take the under? ;)

I guess so, i'm sure we clear out by mid day, but it's still pretty damn comfortable out there, going to have to shoot up like crazy to hit 98. Wouldn't be surprised if the lake front is held around 89/90 but I'll ride 92-93 to be safe. New convection firing east of Waukegan should slide into downtown.

We are really going to have to torch for him to get his prediction. :whistle:

And lets keep it that way. They can have the cloud debris.

I don't know. It's been really dry in Toledo... all the lawns are browning. Only a half-inch of rain last month, with several 90+ days helping to dry things out. Without clouds, should be back in the 90s today. Was 89 at TOL and 91 at TDZ yesterday with low humidity. So I definitely think it would be nice to get some rain over the SE Michigan area.

Archived