• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

I don't know. It's been really dry in Toledo... all the lawns are browning. Only a half-inch of rain last month, with several 90+ days helping to dry things out. Without clouds, should be back in the 90s today. Was 89 at TOL and 91 at TDZ yesterday with low humidity. So I definitely think it would be nice to get some rain over the SE Michigan area.

We may get some tomorrow, after another sunny/hot day.

I just want to enjoy our sunshine (which we know is at a premium) right now. We'll be back into the stratocumulus regime come September/October.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess so, i'm sure we clear out by mid day, but it's still pretty damn comfortable out there, going to have to shoot up like crazy to hit 98. Wouldn't be surprised if the lake front is held around 89/90 but I'll ride 92-93 to be safe. New convection firing east of Waukegan should slide into downtown.

LOT has knocked back lakefront temps to 93/94, might still be high.

Looks quite possible. Not much cooling behind the front. Monday may be a little more questionable but that is a long way off. This is all contingent on not having MCSs screwing things up.

We'll see, but i won't be surprised if the same record that has been playing lately gets another spin, although the setup doesn't look all that muddy from a convective standpoint, it doesn't take much of a ripple to set off a noctunal mcs that screws everything up.

ALEK, Hoosier FTWthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Heat advisory could probably be cancelled at this point. I'm very skeptical of the criteria being met.

OFB moved through which helped lower dp's once again and cloud cover will stick around for the next few hours...

So they might as well drop it.

OFB moved through which helped lower dp's once again and cloud cover will stick around for the next few hours...

So they might as well drop it.

Only place that probably still has a shot is the western fringe, but even there could come up just short.

That cell just east of downtown is blowing up and send tons more debris out, 85 might by a stretch now, lol. I'm watching the canopy creep west out the office window.

They keep showing the sky from time to time on the Sox/Cubs pre-game...looks nice.

Also, another OFB moving inland. I guess making 80 will be a struggle too.

Have had several rounds of non svr t storms here in Elkhart area so far today. But what a start to the holiday weekend at Dunes State Park....

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL

1255 PM CDT FRI JUL 01 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

1230 PM FLOOD CHESTERTON 41.60N 87.06W

07/01/2011 PORTER IN PARK/FOREST SRVC

CAMPSITES FLOODED WITH 2-3 INCHES OF STANDING WATER AND

ROADS COVERED WITH 3-4 INCHES OF WATER AT INDIANA DUNES

STATE PARK.

Archived