12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 21-24 Severe Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see much on the models other than maybe a Dakotas to southern Canada tornado event around July 1 and some fantasy northwest flow events. Time to close up shop? :devilsmiley:

Heh.

Just making sure that you and ddweatherman, who both claim to be weather forecasters on this web site you guys post on, know how to properly forecast. I'm all for spreading knowledge... and I'm finished with my "lesson of the day," so to speak :P

Hey don't include me in this, I know exactly who was right about this and its a shame a big fight had to be put up. You were partially right, he was. The knowledge you presented was certainly the necessary elements of correct radar interpretation, therefore you certainly weren't wrong about the topic. There may have been a discrepancy on the actual occurrences, however it could go either way. You were right, he was right.

Hey don't include me in this, I know exactly who was right about this and its a shame a big fight had to be put up. You were partially right, he was. The knowledge you presented was certainly the necessary elements of correct radar interpretation, therefore you certainly weren't wrong about the topic. There may have been a discrepancy on the actual occurrences, however it could go either way. You were right, he was right.

thanks for clearing it up

kind of a cool satellite.. not sure what that sharp line is, but convection has tried to form on its edge. we might get a nice sunset.. high deck. im tempted.. tho i have crap line of site all around me.

kind of a cool satellite.. not sure what that sharp line is, but convection has tried to form on its edge. we might get a nice sunset.. high deck. im tempted.. tho i have crap line of site all around me.

Ian, you guys see any chance of just plain thunderstorms tomorrow? I know you guys follow severe chances, but I'm just looking for some rain. NWS doesn't seem too thrilled about the chances for that either.

Ian, you guys see any chance of just plain thunderstorms tomorrow? I know you guys follow severe chances, but I'm just looking for some rain. NWS doesn't seem too thrilled about the chances for that either.

I dunno.. prob not much. The front is already knocking on WV's door so it's probably through here pretty early. Places northeast of here like eastern NY and western New England may do OK on both rain and storms. :arrowhead:

if you're ever completely bored, there's a spot in Tenleytown, a high hill that has all the TV towers on top, that has a pretty good west-facing view. Spent many sunsets up there. Two stops up the Red line and a short climb.

if you're ever completely bored, there's a spot in Tenleytown, a high hill that has all the TV towers on top, that has a pretty good west-facing view. Spent many sunsets up there. Two stops up the Red line and a short climb.

yeah, that's a nice spot--fort reno--never been there late in the evening. ive wondered if i could find a place with an overhang to try to get lightning hitting those towers.

The storm that just passed through here heading towards CRW looks like it's developing a hook on it's tail end. Maybe you guys that have a better setup can look at it.

Agreed something is up.. Its too close to the radar though. I cant get a volume scan on it. Lots of ground clutter.

EDIT: I got good enough look at it over 2 frames to see that its a new cell forming along the cold pool. No tornado threat. Though the radome is about to be smacked with ~35-45 mph winds.

Agreed something is up.. Its too close to the radar though. I cant get a volume scan on it. Lots of ground clutter.

EDIT: I got good enough look at it over 2 frames to see that its a new cell forming along the cold pool. No tornado threat. Though the radome is about to be smacked with ~35-45 mph winds.

Yep, it's going right over the NWS office up on the hill. The radar dome is right next to it.

Decent thundershower when it came through here with wind driven sheets of rain...measured 0.38".

Archived